Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-05, 21:23)Koloss Wrote: [ -> ]I want to know what is the difference? I do start the same movie!

Probably searching for external subtitle files. The more files in the directory, the longer it takes.
Can i deactivate this? I never use external subtitles files.
Quick Question: Anyone using rbej Gotham builds booting from nfs?
(2013-07-05, 22:36)Johnkg Wrote: [ -> ]Quick Question: Anyone using rbej Gotham builds booting from nfs?

You mean boot=nfs or just disk=nfs? I booted with disk=nfs (with boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1) and had no problems, although the rbej Gotham build did create a swap file which can't then be used so is a total waste of time and storage - there needs to be a way to manually disable swap, or just detect the filesystem is remote and automatically disable swap.
Been absolutely ages since i updated my pi and decided to do a clean install. Has anyone got a "recommended" advancedsettings.xml for latest frodo build please?
(2013-07-05, 22:42)Arogantis Wrote: [ -> ]Been absolutely ages since i updated my pi and decided to do a clean install. Has anyone got a "recommended" advancedsettings.xml for latest frodo build please?

I still reckon that "recommended" settings should be part of the build (in /usr/share/xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml) and the user should rarely if ever need to add their own settings (except for stuff like MySQL etc.). This would also make switching between different versions a lot easier/less error prone.
(2013-07-05, 22:41)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 22:36)Johnkg Wrote: [ -> ]Quick Question: Anyone using rbej Gotham builds booting from nfs?

You mean boot=nfs or just disk=nfs? I booted with disk=nfs (with boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1) and had no problems, although the rbej Gotham build did create a swap file which can't then be used so is a total waste of time and storage - there needs to be a way to manually disable swap, or just detect the filesystem is remote and automatically disable swap.

Thanks,

I've got boot=NFS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/rpi. in my cmdline.txt

I could never get it to work with rbej's builds, works fine with openelec dev builds though.
@Arogantis: I think Milhouse is right. I personally only change the rendering resolution to 900p, as rbej recommended in older posts for 256 MB RPi:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>
<lookandfeel>
<guires>900</guires>
</lookandfeel>
</advancedsettings>
(2013-07-05, 21:48)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 21:23)Koloss Wrote: [ -> ]I want to know what is the difference? I do start the same movie!

Probably searching for external subtitle files. The more files in the directory, the longer it takes.

I have not find a option for deactivate this.
Can you make a option in openelec settings? I will deactivate to find external subtitles in folder!
You cant. This option dont exist. You must live with 2 second longer "bug".
(2013-07-05, 23:31)Johnkg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-05, 22:41)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks,

I've got boot=NFS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/rpi. in my cmdline.txt

I could never get it to work with rbej's builds, works fine with openelec dev builds though.

Can't really help much since I am on holiday and I have no access to my rpi.

I have both disk and boot on nfs shares and I am running one of the latest rbej's releases, so I would say there is no problem there.

M
(2013-07-06, 11:11)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]You cant. This option dont exist. You must live with 2 second longer "bug".

When i set the alternative subtitles are on empty flashdrive folder, its the same problem!
(2013-07-06, 13:10)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]Can't really help much since I am on holiday and I have no access to my rpi.

I have both disk and boot on nfs shares and I am running one of the latest rbej's releases, so I would say there is no problem there.

M

Thanks,

In that case I'll give it a go and persevere!

edit: Got it working. All Good!
When I click Information, in 24p Video, I have 8 FPS, is this normal?
Yes. 8fps is GUI speed, not movie.