Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-11, 18:05)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-11, 17:57)Trickname Wrote: [ -> ]A/Vsync probs seems to be gone here Smile

It's nice when you accidentally fix things.

I removed some code I didn't like the look of (although thought was benign) when adding ff/rew support.
After your comment I've had a closer look, and yes it looks like the cause of the A/V sync bug.

Excellent.

im still wondering why usb installation of openelc blob up lists much faster then using a class10 sd card
(2013-07-12, 14:37)Trickname Wrote: [ -> ]im still wondering why usb installation of openelc blob up lists much faster then using a class10 sd card
USB is higher bandwidth and provides better CRC protection then any SD card you can buy. USB 2.0 is ~35mb/s, you're lucky to get 10mb/s out of an SD card (most I profiled were less then that). These are the USB sticks I use, the 16/32GB ones are 28mb/s read and 15mb/s write. Not only are they fast they are tiny: http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-echo...up-drive-0
(2013-07-11, 13:54)wezoly Wrote: [ -> ]@rbej,
Many thanks for your continued test builds. Also many thanks to popcornmix for his hard work in fixing/optimising xbmc for the rpi Smile

Is there any chance you could compile the latest service addons for your openelec (not just the xbmc PVR addons)?
Getting discontinuity problems with HD channels from a USB DVB-S2 tuner running TVHeadend 3.4. After testing raspbmc and using 3.4 I got the same result. After upgrading to 3.5 GIT the discontinuity problems are resolved. Originally thought the problem was with USB bandwidth / FIQ but it doesn't seem to be the case.
So just wondering if you could compile the latest git tvheadend server addon for the rpi?

Also the VDR server addon seems out of date - receive an "unsupported protocol version" error with VDR when running everything on your build. Seems the latest VDR pvr xbmc addons are newer than the included server version (all-in-one solution)

Thanks again
Wez

Here also this discontinuity problem with tvheadend and DVBS2. Was thinking that the problem was the poor USB.
So i am realy interested in youre 3.5 tvheadend zip file.
can say your build is running even more faster when using kernel 3.9.8 on my sd card
i noticed that in smooth rss feed in home and framerate.

my setup:
class 10 card, usb 2.0 stick, modifyed cmdline.txt to boot=/dev/sda1 disk=/dev/sda2 ssh
Anyone using latest build being able to use Airplay? It's the first time I turn it on and nothing happens, so don't really know if its not working or its my fault...
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated PVR addons

Updated Frodo Branch

- few new Xbmc fixes (adopted from Gotham)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej
nice build,

but found a little:
system totaly crash (and doesn´t reboot good) if i try view pictures and some text is shown in startup. /var/settings somethig

just cosmetics...

MediaPlayer works very well no A/V probs, speedy GUI, all is perfekt
noticed: weather symbols come up faster (thinking) Rolleyes

edit: version Gotham 13-07
lan is working here
Hey Trickname which build Frodo or Gotham .That will help
Hi rbej, I updated to the frodo you compiled on 7-13-2013 and I lose network connection. When I go back to official openelec I get network back. I'm connected via LAN cable. Anyone else experience this? Thank you and all the devs for your hard work
Very strange. I dont have any problems with LAN connection with any my bulid (Frodo and Gotham). Maybe try delete guisettings.
Using the latest Gotham build (from yesterday), I noticed the MythTV PVR is no longer doing commercial skips automatically (nor manually). I verified that my changes to enable manual commercial skips via the remote control are still intact (in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml). Should I follow up on this in a PVR forum?
I had problems with fast forward with mp4 files, sometimes will started again(0:00) on stop!
Sometimes lost the audio

2x 4x - video sync is ok - 8x, 16x 32x is wrong
(2013-06-27, 16:44)CorePoint Wrote: [ -> ]When you Update trough the Update folder, the files are written and the Pi won't boot thereafter.
I also have been having this issue for the last 2 Frodo builds. Has anything been changed here that can cause this issue?

Thanks a lot for these amazing builds.
(2013-07-14, 12:09)Koloss Wrote: [ -> ]I had problems with fast forward with mp4 files, sometimes will started again(0:00) on stop!
Sometimes lost the audio

2x 4x - video sync is ok - 8x, 16x 32x is wrong

Yes, ff/rew is not perfect yet. It felt important to get something that largely worked into tree during merge window, and it can be improved during the bug fix period.
I've seen the jump to zero and some issues when ff past end of file. Not seen the lost audio, but will keep an eye out for it.