Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks team..

I noticed the ram disk feature seems to be removed ie. no /dev/SYSTEM can anyone confirm?
Yeah, it does appear *not* to be loading itself into RAM (on a 512MB board). No /dev/SYSTEM with r12814, and about 55% memory still free.
I have a strange problem since Beta 6...

I can't boot OpenELEC when i made changes on config.txt. Even if I comment out all lines!!!

Also if i delete the config.txt the OpenELEC boot fine. This problem makes me crazy since I can not use OpenELEC since Beta6 with overclock settings or any ajust in config.txt !!! (boot_delay=1 don't work either)

It is crazy but it is real (before Beta 6, B5, daily builds, my builds and etc works with whatever changes i made in config.txt)

If i update a working system (Beta5 with Beta6) in the first boot OpenELEC don't boot ;(

sugestions, please...
(2013-01-05, 03:41)tuxen Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed the ram disk feature seems to be removed ie. no /dev/SYSTEM can anyone confirm?

This commit is responsible for breaking the RAM feature - should be an easy fix, just remove the SYSTEM_TORAM_LIMIT assignment... tested and working in my own private builds.
Any help getting this running off usb would be great. Can get it to run off the usb but would like to copy my contents from previous storage folder over to the usb and cant seem to get it to. What is the best way to get all the files from my current storage folder to the usb folder?
You can access OpenELEC via the Samba shares - point File Explorer at your Pi, eg. \\192.168.0.8 or whatever its IP address is. Default hostname is openelec I think, so \\openelec might also work.

Alternatively, temporarily boot OpenELEC using your old SD storage, insert your ext4 formatted USB stick into the Pi (it should mount automatically as /var/media/Storage if you labelled it Storage) and then copy your XBMC content (databases, thumbnails etc.) from SD storage to USB:

Code:
cp -r /storage/.xbmc /var/media/Storage
sync
umount /var/media/Storage

Then reconfigure your Pi to boot using the USB stick.
(2013-01-06, 06:21)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]You can access OpenELEC via the Samba shares - point File Explorer at your Pi, eg. \\192.168.0.8 or whatever its IP address is. Default hostname is openelec I think, so \\openelec might also work.

Alternatively, temporarily boot OpenELEC using your old SD storage, insert your ext4 formatted USB stick into the Pi (it should mount automatically as /var/media/Storage if you labelled it Storage) and then copy your XBMC content (databases, thumbnails etc.) from SD storage to USB:

Code:
cp -r /storage/.xbmc /var/media/Storage
sync
umount /var/media/Storage

Then reconfigure your Pi to boot using the USB stick.

I will give the second option a shot i was able to SSH in and grab all my files from the current STORAGE folder except one but dont think matters. The code you listed will copy the contents from Storage on the pi over to the new section on the usb correct?

(2013-01-06, 07:44)dvandriesen Wrote: [ -> ]The code you listed will copy the contents from Storage on the pi over to the new section on the usb correct?

Correct.
(2013-01-06, 07:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-06, 07:44)dvandriesen Wrote: [ -> ]The code you listed will copy the contents from Storage on the pi over to the new section on the usb correct?

Correct.

Great will give that a shot in a minute that makes perfect sense still getting used to linux thanks for your help i think that should work perfectly. Then i can just delete the files off the sd in storage right since it will be running off usb.
Delete them, or just leave them. Using a smaller SD card to boot would mean you could use your current SD card for something else - you only need a 128MB SD card to boot OpenELEC if you are using USB for storage - any larger than 128MB is basically wasted...
What s the procedure to reconfigure Pi to use USB stick instead SD card?
USB stick needs to be formatted in ext4 format, and edit the file called cmdline.txt on the SD card to change
disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2
to
disk=/dev/sda

(or you may need sda1 or sda2 depending on which partition on the USB disk is the ext4 one)
My new custom build.

http://www.mediafire.com/?10456ccz13ard

- OpenElec version r12815
- Xbmc build RC 3 (06.01.2013) with fixed out of sync audio in some avi files
- Special Rpi kernel 3.6.y (01.01.2013)
- Rpi firmware (05.01.2013)
- Gpu memory split set to 100mb on default (fix kernal killing Xbmc task on Rpi 256mb board)
- Memory cache set to 2621440 on default

Update Instruction:

http://openelec.tv/installation/updating

Set gpu_mem=100 in config.txt and cachemembuffersize to 2621440 in advencedsettings.

or clean install:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...spberry_Pi
Thanks for switching to Mediafire.... downloads now take under a minute, as opposed to over an hour.

Testing you newest build now.