Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-02-13, 19:25)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]1. Include all fixes.

2. Yes. Delete cachemembuffersize and add this:

<alwaysforcebuffer>true</alwaysforcebuffer>
<freememorycachepercent>5</freememorycachepercent>

3. I think swap file is created on Storage partition.

4. Upgrade.
During the upgrade process it will shrink storage and add a swap? Sorry for all the questions, partition changes always make me nervous. Especially when I can't make a backup of the drive since its larger then my desktop HD and has another NTFS partition on it full of content Smile
Swap file will be added to existing partition. No more change it. Is safe.
I just tried latest version with my RTSP stream that causes me problems and I have these strange lines in my log :
Code:
20:17:39 T:2852123744 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame
20:17:39 T:3043340288  NOTICE: Using GL_TEXTURE_2D
20:17:39 T:3043340288  NOTICE: GL: Using BYPASS render method
20:17:39 T:3043340288  NOTICE: GL: NPOT texture support detected
20:17:39 T:2852123744 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete
20:17:39 T:2852123744 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for previous frame
20:17:39 T:2852123744 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:17:39 T:2852123744 WARNING: CRenderManager::FlipPage - timeout waiting for flip to complete

I still have exactly the same problem with those RTSP streams (bad sync).
Thanks for the implementation of this Bufferfeature.

this looks very interesting, my movie looks better than before but when i ran out of memory it took ages to fill the buffer again, but this helps a lot.

BIG thanks.
(2013-02-11, 23:34)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Prometheus 2012 1080p BluRay x264 DTS-WiKi

I play movie from the beggining and skip to 8 minutes. Movie is suttering and skip frames. When i skip to 7 minutes, movie play fine and no suttering and frame drops in 8 minutes. Around 9 minutes movie is freeze. Always. When i remove ass subs patch everything is ok.

Not seeing the problem with the sample you made. It is high bit rate (37Mb/s) and stutters on the network at work (both with and withouth the ASS patch).
With the file on USB disk, it plays fine both with and without patch.

When you say movie freezes - is that permanent, or just a buffering stall? Does seeking or stopping work after the freeze?

You say you have some SD files that fail with the patch. How do they fail? Can you provide a sample?
Skip any SD movies (xvid) to 10 minutes or 30 seconds (remote control) in front or behind playing from SMB/NFS sources.

Without this patch i dont have freeze on sample Prometheus, playing with NFS. 3-4 times short bufferings but play fine. With this patch movie freezing for long time and latter very suttering. Playing in 2-3 fps. Is completly not watchable. Seeking and stop is possible after freezing.
i will test this if i am back home, but i tested this yesterday with a big mkv file and a xvid file.

I used 20% of freememory and i took some time to fill the buffer, but i can start immediately the movie if i push the playbutton.

i hope you mean the networkbuffer patch. :-)
@rbej: Just wanted to let you know that I just upgraded to your last image and there is an issue when reading tag <guires> from advancedsettings.xml (maybe already present in previous versions).

If you put a comment after the tag, it doesn't seem to be interpreted. Try this:
<guires>1080</guires> <!-- Added for rbej custom OE build -->

If you just put the tag, it is OK:
<guires>1080</guires>

Thanks for all you unvaluable help and work.
Update Frodo Final 3

- add Both HDMI and analog audio output https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2232

- add changed cpu freq, cpu temp, gpu temp in System Information https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2231

http://www.mediafire.com/?10456ccz13ard
I have tried the latest build and still the audio is out of sync by 4-5 seconds. I can supply one of the devs my dns so they can have a look. It works perfectly in 2.99.1.
(2013-02-13, 21:00)rbej Wrote: [ -> ]PS. Popcornmix. Please fixed Ass Subs Patch.

I've had an idea. Can you apply this (on top of previous ASS fix):
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...2d447938fd

Unfortunately not tested, so may not work...

This may also we worth trying (not for this problem but could help people with 512M boards who get network relataed buffering).
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...3e420048c4
Unfortunately not working. Still laging when skip sd movies.
are there images we can use with windows of these builds anywhere?
OpenELEC: Watching live streams in the SportsDevil add-on and pressing +30 second skip (right arrow) will cause XBMC to lock up, making it necessary to kill xbmc.bin from ssh in order to regain control. Using latest OpenELEC build (from git).
(2013-02-14, 21:59)prohna Wrote: [ -> ]are there images we can use with windows of these builds anywhere?

You do not need a image to upgrade to a rbej build just press leftwin+r type in \\ipadressofrpi then place the files 4 files from the target folder in the .bz2(use winrar or 7zip) into the update folder.

If you use a new image every time you upgraded it would be very annoying to install every config and addon again?!

If that sounds to hard. He even links to a graphical guide in every release post he makes.