Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: wifi direct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying to get xbmc to play on my tv using wifi direct.

I have a galaxy s3, wifi directconnects to my sony bravia, however i want to do this from xbmc and cant find an option or addon to do this.

Can anyone assist?
Currently this isn't possible. It might be possible with the UPnP/DLNA work being done for the upcoming version of XBMC, if I'm guessing right for what WiFi Direct is. However, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to do. Are you using XBMC from a desktop PC or your Galaxy phone?
Hi,

I have a galaxy s3 and there is a feature called wifi direct.

My sony Bravia also has a function for this.

when i connect the phone and the TV, i can display whats on the phone on the TV. The problem is, it only works with specific programs that have the functionality built in ie the video hub, gallery app etc.

So i was hoping that either XBMC would have an option to output to wifi direct, instead of the monitor or alternatively, there would be an add on from someone to do this.

It will be a lot easier to do this without cables, than having to purchase a media dock for the phone and connect via cables.
Yep, XBMC will gain this feature in a future release (possibly the upcoming XBMC v12, Frodo).
ok, this will be great thx for responding.
Hi. I have installed the latest version of xbmc for Android and can't figure out how to get wifi direct going. Can you advise if this made it into the feature list or not, if so, how do I activate it, if not, is there a feature request list that I can follow?
It did not make the cut this time, sorry.