Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-09-16, 19:49)Raytestrak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-16, 18:10)DaveNinja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-16, 13:13)Noexicaise Wrote: [ -> ]Ok...Thank for quick answer

This one ?

http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/viewcate...tel-builds

Version 3.2.0 ?

for my recently set up NUC, I went with the 3.1 build found in this VAAPI thread: http://openelec.tv/forum/116-vaapi-intel...ng-testing

No offence, but that's pretty useless, since those patches are already merged into 3.1.3
There's really no use for such a old build anymore.

So i can update to 3.2.0 and not worry? cool. I didnt know the VAAPI stuff was merged in
(2013-09-16, 23:11)Smasher Wrote: [ -> ]1. When I boot into recovery console, how can I change the screen resolution. I have it connected to a plasma tv (1024x768)
Don't know if that's called overscan. But the "picture" is too big, missing 3-4 character in top, left, right and bottom.
Yes, it is technically called overscan and is something the TV typically does automatically but different manufacturers often call it something else more "consumer friendly." Start by taking a look at the manual for your specific TV for possible adjustments.
It's usually in the zoom settings.
Hey guys,

I just installed Openelec 3.2 on a Nuc for my brother,... but for the life of me, I cannot connect to it via Samba ..
I've got Win 7 64 ,.. I'm trying to transfer the Colored Icons over,... to no avail.

Has anyone else had problems like thiis? I've got Samba On, no password,..
and I'm putting //192.169.1.123 in my Windows explorer and the connection is being refused ...

Frustrated in Louisville,
Legion

PS In XBMC I can go to Video/Files, ... and browse over to my Win7 or my NAS ... but from my machine, I see nothing! Networks do not show the NUC.
I even have a new Win8 system,,, and I have the same problem there as well.
You need \\192.16...whatever

and it shouldn't be 192.169, the private address space is 192.168 - but perhaps that is a typo.

Anyway, try backslash \\ not forward slash //

EDIT to add, I mean the \\ is for windows explorer, not within xbmc.

Also if you are just trying to copy files over, try scp (or winscp from windows).
Try "smb://192.16...whatever"
(2013-09-16, 23:11)Smasher Wrote: [ -> ]1. When I boot into recovery console, how can I change the screen resolution. I have it connected to a plasma tv (1024x768)
Don't know if that's called overscan. But the "picture" is too big, missing 3-4 character in top, left, right and bottom.

You need to set on your TV the connected HDMI input as PC/computer/game to get rid of overscan.
(2013-09-17, 08:10)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]

You need to set on your TV the connected HDMI input as PC/computer/game to get rid of overscan.

Some TV's also only have this "Just Scan" mode on one of their HDMI inputs so as mentioned, check the TV manual

I have found that to be a bad idea, but probably very dependent on your TV.
(2013-09-16, 23:30)cadetdrivr Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes, it is technically called overscan and is something the TV typically does automatically but different manufacturers often call it something else more "consumer friendly." Start by taking a look at the manual for your specific TV for possible adjustments.

(2013-09-16, 23:39)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]It's usually in the zoom settings.

(2013-09-17, 08:17)scarecrow420 Wrote: [ -> ]

Some TV's also only have this "Just Scan" mode on one of their HDMI inputs so as mentioned, check the TV manual

(2013-09-17, 10:24)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]

I have found that to be a bad idea, but probably very dependent on your TV.

Thank you for all the answers... I have found overscan in user manual... I'll try to disable it.. play with different formats, aspects and pc format.
(2013-09-17, 06:18)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You need \\192.16...whatever
and it shouldn't be 192.169, the private address space is 192.168 - but perhaps that is a typo.
Anyway, try backslash \\ not forward slash //
EDIT to add, I mean the \\ is for windows explorer, not within xbmc.
Also if you are just trying to copy files over, try scp (or winscp from windows).

Thanks man,... yep the 169 was a typo ...
I don't know where I saw to use //192.... instead of \\192 ..
but, it worked as soon as I used \\192 ...

I just KNEW I had a short between the headset somewhere! Wink

And although I couldn't get Cuteftp to work,... Winscp came up and worked the first time,..
so, that MUCHO for the help!!!!

Legion
Anyone have this problem? I've been using this system with openelec for a good 5 or 6 months, and all of a sudden it crashes and when I try to reboot I get a "PXE-E53: No boot filename received" message

Any ideas?

Edit:
So I've gone into the BIOS and looked at the boot section, and under HDD it now says "NO BOOT DISK DRIVE".

How does a system go from working for the past few months with no hiccups to not being able to find the HDD? (this was with the old BIOS '40'... I've since updated to '42' and still the same problem)

Update #2:
Well... apparently unplugging the NUC unit and then replugging it fixed the problem. Weird huh?
Loose cable? overheating? bad psu? faulty drive?

The PXE message is because it cannot find the hard drive so tries a PXE boot over the network. Presumably you don't have PXE booting set up so it fails that too.
Is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DCCP847DYE-Compu...el+nuc+1.8

going to be much better / faster than this? I assume all other specs are the same other than processor?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-BOXDCCP847...el+nuc+1.8
The first one has wrong specs. Both only have 1.1 ghz - both are Celeron 847.