Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-09-19, 14:33)smallclone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-16, 13:15)-DDD- Wrote: [ -> ]OpenELEC Stable - Intel x86_64 Version:3.2.0 2013-09-13 22:10:50 100.2 MB 1917

I presume this works fine with the celeron 847 too?

REALLYHuh
(2013-09-19, 16:05)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-19, 14:33)smallclone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-16, 13:15)-DDD- Wrote: [ -> ]OpenELEC Stable - Intel x86_64 Version:3.2.0 2013-09-13 22:10:50 100.2 MB 1917

I presume this works fine with the celeron 847 too?

REALLYHuh

No I'm only joking

yeah really.
Yes - use it.
Hi,

Which remote controller are you using for Nuc under Openlec ?

Thanks
Hey guys, I'm setting up a NUC/openelec for my Brother, and he has a Sound Bar on his TV,... so I'm wondering what's the easiest way to provide stero jacks for that?

thanks
Legion
(2013-09-19, 19:55)Legion455 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm setting up a NUC/openelec for my Brother, and he has a Sound Bar on his TV,... so I'm wondering what's the easiest way to provide stero jacks for that?

thanks
Legion

Most TV's have optical and stereo RCA outputs. So HDMI from NUC goes to the TV and one of those outputs from the tv to the sound bar. There is likely a setting on the TV to enable those audio outputs.
Soundbars uses wall reflection to send a sound around.
So, "rear speakers" sound must be sent before "front speakers sound".
So, the soundbar needs to "cache" video stream for a some milliseconds to proces first "rear speakers" then "font speakers" and then the picture frame to have a sound in sync.

With this in mind you need to connect TV to your soundbar "output" HDMI, and all your video/audio/media sources to your sound bar "input" connections (HDMI/optic/whatever).

And of course that has nothing to do with NUC and/or XBMC. Wink
I read that some people were having problem with Openelec 3.2 ignoring their remote.xml/keyboard.xml files which results in their remote controls not working properly. It may be fixed by now, though
anyone having issues with lan
Can anyone give the their fan settings in the bios please??

Thanks
@Crssi, @touser

thanks for the info, when I do the install, I'll check to see what that Soundbar needs.

Legion
(2013-09-19, 21:39)Gareth12 Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone give the their fan settings in the bios please??

Thanks

Which do you need to know? I have mine set to "Balanced" which has the min temp @ 77, Min cycle @ 40 %, and cycle increment @6%. WIth that my fan is @3400 RPM and the core temp seems stable at 61 degrees.

Hope that helps.

Ernie
I'm running an I3 Nuc w/ Openelec 3.2,..SSD, . Aeon Nox 4.1.9

And I'm seeing a 1 minute delay when the XBMC menu first appears, Live DVD Cases are blank, Weather Icons don't show, and if I go to "Programs", I can't even clisk on openelec Configuration for over a minute...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1510548

I opened a thread over in the Aeon Nox section, but wanted to ask if anyone else running openelec on an Intel Nuc has noticed this startup delay?

thanks
Legion
(2013-09-20, 04:48)Legion455 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running an I3 Nuc w/ Openelec 3.2,..SSD, . Aeon Nox 4.1.9

And I'm seeing a 1 minute delay when the XBMC menu first appears, Live DVD Cases are blank, Weather Icons don't show, and if I go to "Programs", I can't even clisk on openelec Configuration for over a minute...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1510548

I opened a thread over in the Aeon Nox section, but wanted to ask if anyone else running openelec on an Intel Nuc has noticed this startup delay?

thanks
Legion
And your debug log (wiki) showsHuh
Try putting a delay on xbmc booting. In oE settings. Give it a 5 second delay so it can find network. Might be delaying as its still connecting.