Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Concerning Haswell and Deinterlacing support, we will change OE the next days, so that this functionality can go in again.

We will patch the intel-vaapi-driver, which is the problem those features are not in mainline yet, but can be easily doable with OpenELEC and then merging Btbns deinterlacing works with (MADI, MACI and Bob).

So - it would be great if someone that already has such a new NUC could open a bug report in OEs github and just write something like: "As talked with @fritsch for tracking down Haswell NUC issues"

Deinterlacing is only needed for interlaced Content like LiveTV or something.

Thanks much.

Focus will be gotham of course with 3.12 kernel.
(2013-11-07, 14:10)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]@wgards8: you can boot OE from USB without "touching" your current Windows configuration and try.
Report results back, please. I would do it but dont own NUC anymore for months, because of the same reason.
But you can also go with software decoding... in this case everything is OK, except some very "heavy" videos cant cope.
Even the fans does not switch on when playing... the fans turned on only in AeonNox skin.

In the next 10 days I will hopefully get NUC i5 4th gen. I will be happy to report anything I can and you all need to know on this forum.

Regards

A usb install would have been my preferred choice to test on but unfortunately I had to sacrificed the front USB port when I switched to my Akasa fanless case, and the other two i need for both a rc6 remote and a mce remote (on/off function).
I think I will hold off for now until I had done a bit more research as a quick glance at the openelec forum suggests there are problems with rc6 remotes causing green screens!
(2013-11-05, 23:19)Platypus2 Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you order from?

Seems like the US has got them a week before Europe, though only guessing atm >.<

From a webshop here in Norway Smile Still waiting for my low voltage RAM though, so can't use it yet...
@wgards8: for a quick test you can do it without remotes, just use the keyboard and mouse. Wink
Good thinking batman - I could even use Yatse for the time being.
I have an i3 NUC with XBMC installed under Windows 7... want to get a 2nd NUC, this time a Celeron and try OpenELEC. How do I update drivers (or do I need to) w/o any OS on the NUC before installing OE? Thanks.
No need as OE will include them when installing.

P.S if your in uk ebuyer has an Acer Revo RL80 celeron version for £110 atm (even has usb3). Bit of a bargain I thought.
Saw that Gigabyte are updating their line of NUC to Haswell: http://www.gigabyte.se/press-center/news...x?nid=1235

How do you guys see it compare to the new Intel NUC?
(2013-11-07, 19:42)poserdonut Wrote: [ -> ]Saw that Gigabyte are updating their line of NUC to Haswell: http://www.gigabyte.se/press-center/news...x?nid=1235

How do you guys see it compare to the new Intel NUC?

"Gigabyte are updating their line of NUC" erm Brix Tongue. I think that just answered your question?

Anyway...no built in IR, and provided the IR works fine on the NUC I don't really see any benefits to the Brix over the haswell NUC that beat built in IR.
Hi,

short question. Can I use one HDMI for video (like 3d content) direct connected to TV and the other HDMI for audio connected to my AVR?

Reason for that is, my AVR don't support 3D but TV support it. I don't want to buy a new AVR.

I plan to use the NUC with openelec.

Thanks
(2013-11-08, 15:02)Mr. Floppy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

short question. Can I use one HDMI for video (like 3d content) direct connected to TV and the other HDMI for audio connected to my AVR?

Reason for that is, my AVR don't support 3D but TV support it. I don't want to buy a new AVR.

I plan to use the NUC with openelec.

Thanks

Sounds like you need an HDMI Switcher !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro%C2%AE-AV-...switch+1.4
Thats a switcher. I need more a splitter. Audio over AVR and Video over TV.
(2013-11-08, 15:27)Mr. Floppy Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a switcher. I need more a splitter. Audio over AVR and Video over TV.

I dont think you are going to have much luck with pulling that off. You will have an EDID collision and the output would default to the lowest common denominator based on what the tv and avr can accept. So, if it works at all with a splitter, the best you would probably see is Stereo and non-3D 1080p (assuming both the TV and AVR can handle 1080p).

EDID is a pain and too smart for its own good IMHO but that is a different discussion. The best you can do is save the money on a switcher and put it towards a new AVR that can do 3D pass-through.

Ernie
So override the EDID.
(2013-11-08, 20:57)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]So override the EDID.

Worth a shot I suppose. It will depend on how will the receiving devices handle the streams it does not support. I always end up with problems but if it doesnt cost anything, why not.

Ernie