Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turn on S/PDIF.
(2013-11-28, 00:48)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on S/PDIF.

S/PDIF is a separate output though, is it not? I have it connected via HDMI and need audio routed through the HDMI.
iecset doesn't work on OpenELEC. It's not located in the /usr/bin directory.
Can someone take a look at my log file?

Here it is
OK. looking to getting this for Christmas ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856102035

What all do I need to add to it? I want to install win 7 pro for regular use as well as XBMC and mount behind main TV in living room with wifi connection. Will probably use phones to connect/control via bluetooth. I know I will need at least 4 gig RAM and MSATA SS Drive. but a nice list would be great. I looked through this forum and after 40 pages, got lost.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Why don't you take the new one with Haswell CPU?
Didn't see that? linky?
THX! Just what Im looking into!
Anyone have a chance to look at my logs?

I'm still unable to produce any sound to my pioneer vsx-43 receiver. But pass-through does work. I tried OpenELEC and XBMCbuntu, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
@Lastb0isct I seem to have followed you here from the other thread, but there should be more smart people here!

I do note though that you don't seem to play anything in your log, and that the correct link is http://pastebin.com/tZzgnJEh . Also that isn't a debug log. See here debug log (wiki)

Also the first audio device seems to have autodetected that it can pretty well play all audio formats.

Can you please post screenshots of your audio settings, and a debug log of playing something.

Screenshots are obtained by pressing the PrtScr on your keyboard, or an equivalent on the remote (often mapped to the record button). There will usually be two screenshots to show, as you need to scroll down to get them all.
Hi all, I have searched the thread and could not see an answer.

I am running a Celeron NUC and it works pretty well apart from I cannot do a shutdown.

Suspend works fine but I have an issue with the new version of Openelec where I loose audio.

When I choose shutdown the system sits for around a minute and then does a quick restart of openelec.

I imagine there is a bit of code somewhere I can edit, any ideas?
(2013-12-01, 13:53)dr_frankenstein Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I have searched the thread and could not see an answer.

I am running a Celeron NUC and it works pretty well apart from I cannot do a shutdown.

Suspend works fine but I have an issue with the new version of Openelec where I loose audio.

When I choose shutdown the system sits for around a minute and then does a quick restart of openelec.

I imagine there is a bit of code somewhere I can edit, any ideas?

Not the answer you're looking for, but perhaps an alternative: add a script to reboot the NUC when it resumes from sleep. That's what I do to avoid network/audio issues. The NUC boots so fast I hardly notice it.
I picked up the Silverstone aluminum case for the NUC from amazon for $39:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F9VR...PDKIKX0DER

It was a pretty straight forward install and the NUC looks pretty cool now as well!

One issue: with the latest Intel driver pack, I'm experiencing some random BSOD that appear to be from the video driver. Anyone having issues with 64-bit Win7 on 12.2?
I received my Thunderbolt NUC. I bought it because it was at 162$ at amazon 2 days back.
Is it good? I assume i would need a usb->ethernet connection.

How do i install Openelec on this? I am not planning to buy mSata still. So would install of openelec be like following (experts please correct me)
1. Create openelec livestick
2. Insert livestick in one USB port
3. a empty USB in another USB port
4. Boot NUC and choose the livestick as boot and let it install Openelec on the Empty USB stick (attached at step 3)

Now some other questions
1. I think all latest intel drivers etc.. will be bundled as part of openelec -- Correct?? I dont need to do anything for this
2. How do i update any Bios drivers? Should i keep it in another USB and update Bios during boot with those drivers? Which site has the bios drivers download?