Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i install Openelec on this?
-> Yes

I assume i would need a usb->ethernet connection.
-> Or a WLAN USB Stick

1. No you don't need any Drivers on OpenElec
2. You Download the BIO(s) File to USB, go into the BIOS and let it update there.
The Intel Site has the BIOS for your nuc.
(2013-11-30, 06:23)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]@Lastb0isct I seem to have followed you here from the other thread, but there should be more smart people here!

I do note though that you don't seem to play anything in your log, and that the correct link is http://pastebin.com/tZzgnJEh . Also that isn't a debug log. See here debug log (wiki)

Also the first audio device seems to have autodetected that it can pretty well play all audio formats.

Can you please post screenshots of your audio settings, and a debug log of playing something.

Screenshots are obtained by pressing the PrtScr on your keyboard, or an equivalent on the remote (often mapped to the record button). There will usually be two screenshots to show, as you need to scroll down to get them all.

Alright, i turned on debugging and was able to get it working i think. Take a look:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZbJrMw5A

Here are the screenshots of my audio/video settings as well

http://imgur.com/a/CUGiD
(2013-11-28, 21:47)Lastb0isct Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone take a look at my log file?

Here it is

Did you ever get this working? I think this is the same intel bug that i'm running into. Try setting your refresh rate in xbmc to 30hz.
(2013-12-04, 05:23)ScAndal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-28, 21:47)Lastb0isct Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone take a look at my log file?

Here it is

Did you ever get this working? I think this is the same intel bug that i'm running into. Try setting your refresh rate in xbmc to 30hz.

I'm not having issues with Video, i'm having issues with audio coming through my receiver.
(2013-12-04, 06:30)Lastb0isct Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 05:23)ScAndal Wrote: [ -> ]

Here it is

I'm not having issues with Video, i'm having issues with audio coming through my receiver.

Yep I understand that but the problem for me is that my AVR is not handshaking properly with my xbmc at > 30hz. Once I change my refresh rate to 30, my audio works perfectly.
(2013-12-04, 06:33)ScAndal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 05:23)ScAndal Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever get this working? I think this is the same intel bug that i'm running into. Try setting your refresh rate in xbmc to 30hz.

Yep I understand that but the problem for me is that my AVR is not handshaking properly with my xbmc at > 30hz. Once I change my refresh rate to 30, my audio works perfectly.

I'll give it a shot!
(2013-12-04, 05:23)ScAndal Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever get this working? I think this is the same intel bug that i'm running into. Try setting your refresh rate in xbmc to 30hz.

Should be working with nightlies. OSS Intel guys produced a patch.

Btw. with nightlies starting three days back. Everything concerning the NUC should work, despite:

VC1-interlaced: Not properly supported in ffmpeg (will segfault)
mpeg-2 interlaced: It gets green. Bug in libva-driver-intel (intel does semi care)
Madi / MACI for interlaced content: It jumps and stutters (intel does semi care)
Having a very hard time not buying the thunderbolt version for $163 off Amazon right now.
(2013-12-04, 10:57)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]VC1-interlaced: Not properly supported in ffmpeg (will segfault)

Hey Fritsch, if VC-1 interlaced is not properly supported in ffmpeg, then why does VC-1 interlaced work in XBMC if you use an Nvidia card?
Is the VC-1 problem something that Intel can fix in their driver, or is it something that XBMC team has to fix?
(2013-12-04, 10:57)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 06:30)Lastb0isct Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not having issues with Video, i'm having issues with audio coming through my receiver.

Should be working with nightlies. OSS Intel guys produced a patch.

Btw. with nightlies starting three days back. Everything concerning the NUC should work, despite:

VC1-interlaced: Not properly supported in ffmpeg (will segfault)
mpeg-2 interlaced: It gets green. Bug in libva-driver-intel (intel does semi care)
Madi / MACI for interlaced content: It jumps and stutters (intel does semi care)

What nightlies are you talking about? I am noticing that this was the issue! Changing to 30hz fixed the sound issue i've been having with my receiver.

Thanks so much for the info!! This worked! I think this should be a sticky somewhere...seems like a very easy fix and I went through a lot of trouble trying to figure out something so easy!
(2013-12-04, 18:36)Lastb0isct Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for the info!! This worked! I think this should be a sticky somewhere...seems like a very easy fix and I went through a lot of trouble trying to figure out something so easy!

np. What receiver do you have?
@joelbaby: Cause we fixed it while doing VDPAU development, that's all

and don't confuse software decoding with hw decoding. Hint, check what an hwaccel in ffmpeg world does.

Nightlies: All OpenELEC generic gotham development builds since 3 days ago.
Anyone know if it's possible to hook up a usb blu ray drive to one of these and get xbmc to play br disks?
(2013-12-04, 19:32)ScAndal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-04, 18:36)Lastb0isct Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for the info!! This worked! I think this should be a sticky somewhere...seems like a very easy fix and I went through a lot of trouble trying to figure out something so easy!

np. What receiver do you have?

Pioneer Elite VSX-23

(2013-12-04, 19:47)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]@joelbaby: Cause we fixed it while doing VDPAU development, that's all

and don't confuse software decoding with hw decoding. Hint, check what an hwaccel in ffmpeg world does.

Nightlies: All OpenELEC generic gotham development builds since 3 days ago.

Ah, i'm not running OpenELEC anymore...i'll probably go back to it though
I have previously mentioned an issue I have with my NUC after its been powered off (using openelec). I have 8 usb drives attached to the NUC via 2 DAS enclosures of 4 drives each, it tries to read/wake the drives each time it powers on which takes some time. I have the bios setup so it does not attempt to boot from USB and the only device that appears in the boot list is my sata

However it then always says unsuccessful boot attempt as if it is timing out whilst trying to read all the usb drives? Once they have all been "woken up" it boots fine or if I just select boot from this device with the sata drive highlighted.

The advice previously was to attach the USB drives to a powered hub which I have done but I still get the same issue for some reason - anyone got any ideas?

Also I can see there have been new drivers added by Intel for the bios and graphics - how can I update to the latest versions without a Windows OS?