Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-24, 16:46)ljudnisse Wrote: [ -> ]Hi have some problem with my i3 NUC running on Win8.

Every ~ 5th time at boot/ start up I only get a black screen and no contact with it, then only option is to kill it with power button.
Then after 1-5 retries NUC start up just fine.
Checked all updates on Intel download site an running on latest BIOS #39.
This fault have be pressent from day one with different HD4000 drives and BIOS versions.
Please help !
Check the Bios to make sure that it is not trying to boot to drives(network, USB, etc) other than the primary hard drive with Win8.....to speed up bootup time, you can disable other drives (if you need it, you can reactivate it later)....
Thanks, I previously change the boot order in BIOS setting to SSD/Win8 option, but that does not seems to solve the problem, but I will try to remove to two other optoins.

Any other sugestions ?
(2013-03-24, 16:21)DrowningApe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 10:31)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]Im having the i3 version. So you do not get any audio sync problems with openELEC? Or does this also depend on the TV?

What audio issues are you having?

I'm running to a Monoprice HDMI switch with an optical out that's feeding an AV receiver, so I haven't had any issues. I know there are issues with HD audio that require a patch, but since I'm only using core audio I haven't really paid attention. I believe those issues will be fixed by default once openELEC integrates the next version of the kernel.
In the meantime, if you haven't done the march 4th BIOS upgrade, give that a stab and see if it helps.

Lip sync problems, the audio is before or after the video and this get worse over time. I have however only tested this on XBMC 11, maby this is fixed in XBMC 12? This is only when using the refreshrate to video.

(2013-03-24, 16:46)ljudnisse Wrote: [ -> ]Hi have some problem with my i3 NUC running on Win8.

Every ~ 5th time at boot/ start up I only get a black screen and no contact with it, then only option is to kill it with power button.
Then after 1-5 retries NUC start up just fine.
Checked all updates on Intel download site an running on latest BIOS #39.
This fault have be pressent from day one with different HD4000 drives and BIOS versions.
Please help !

This is a standard problem, I have heard that XBMC do not sit well with sleep mode? When starting up from sleep mode you can hear the sound from menu switching in XBMC but there is no picture so you dont know how to retstart. I have simple decided to skip sleep mode.
No my probelm is not sleep it's from total power off, I just removed some boot option in BIOS setting, boot OK now but don't know over time as the fault seems to be random, keep my fingers krossed.
Here's another random issue I'm having. I leave my i3 NUC (win8, xbmc) on 24/7. I've noticed after a few days of leaving it on, XBMC will develop a stuttering issue. Typically evident in panning scenes. Every second or so, the video will stutter, much like the rhythm of a heart beat. The way I fix the issue is closing XBMC and reopening it. Then everything is fine again. Anyone else experience this?
I've noticed that on my desktop running windows. I think it may be a windows XBMC issue.
Regarding lip sync issues, I see this too when I select the option to match video refresh rate
I just reconciled to sticking with 60Hz
Looks fine to me
(2013-03-24, 18:53)atandon Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding lip sync issues, I see this too when I select the option to match video refresh rate
Looks fine to me

How do you set it to 60Hz?
(2013-03-24, 19:21)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 18:53)atandon Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding lip sync issues, I see this too when I select the option to match video refresh rate
Looks fine to me

In the HD4000 Grafik app, you can swap between 23 up to 60 Hz, just left click on desktop.
I ordered 8 Gig of 1600 mhz memory and a 64 gig msata ssd tonight. Now I am waiting for my Acer Revo 3700 and a couple of other things to sell on ebay later tonight and hopefully have enough money in my paypal and order the i3 NUC tomorrow. Big Grin

I am excited. Big Grin
Have mine on order, w/ 8 GB of RAM and 32 GB crucial m4 for XBMCbuntu install.

Will keep everyone posted Smile
I recently slapped one of these together and must say that I absolutely love it.

Running Windows 8 myself and haven't done any modifications yet. Runs like a champ.

I did my initial media add and I thought it had failed so I went and starte troubleshooting my media shares on my other PC. It hadn't failed it was just so quick that I hadn't seen it scanning all the media!! I just came from an ATV2 and that would be like an all day event. Must say I am quite pleased.
(2013-03-24, 19:31)ljudnisse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 19:21)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]
Looks fine to me

In the HD4000 Grafik app, you can swap between 23 up to 60 Hz, just left click on desktop.

My was set on 59hz, if I switch it to 23hz it results in vary smooth playback BUT audio/lip sync problems? I will try 60Hz as well to see if that solves anything.
(2013-03-25, 10:01)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 19:31)ljudnisse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 19:21)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]How do you set it to 60Hz?

My was set on 59hz, if I switch it to 23hz it results in vary smooth playback BUT audio/lip sync problems? I will try 60Hz as well to see if that solves anything.

Try this: http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay
This solved my 24p lip sync issues.
(2013-03-25, 13:41)wlk_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 10:01)snowjim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 19:31)ljudnisse Wrote: [ -> ]In the HD4000 Grafik app, you can swap between 23 up to 60 Hz, just left click on desktop.

Try this: http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay
This solved my 24p lip sync issues.

Would this work for the Windows version as well?