Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-05-05, 22:55)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]I have read the pointed to me post on the openelec forum even before I have posted here.

Well in OE 3.0.2 most of problem is gone.
I have also run and include the following line into autostart.sh:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Limited 16:235"

As said, this solves most of the problem.

But still dont have brightness and contrast in the options, which I wrote in the first post (those options are in XBMCbuntu, but there bitstreaming desnt work):
Quote: Now I have to find out, how to set brightness and contrast in OE

So, actually no, the answer is not there. Thats why I was confused on the DrowningApe reply.

My question was and still is: How can I set brightness and contrast in xbmc on OE 3.0.2 (live USB boot)?

regards

Actually, yes. The answer is there. If you had read all the pages on that thread. You would of read that the darkness fix is in there and in OE there are no controls for brightness or contrast. If you want that. Install xbmcbuntu.
I have read all.
And thats why I have asked if I can "correct" brightness and contrast in some config file, since there is no GUI options.

xbmcbuntu has other problems:
1. bitstreaming does not work
2. on some video files madnessly drops frames (on OE 3.0.2 it works flawlessly without any problems).

My intentions are only to solve this problems and not to argue with you guys, really... I am really glad that all of you exists here to help.

If there is a sollution, I would be really happy, if you just shotly point me to it.
I have really read all to me known sources before I have post a question and didn't want to spent you time without doing "homework" first.

regards
Mate, we're going round in circles, that's why no one else is replying.

you've applied the solution to 3.0.2. to stop the blacks getting crushed?

Then that's all you can do for now! As I said, if you want brightness/contrast controls then use xbmcbuntu. They aren't in the OE versions.

Post your questions on the OE thread and see if you get anywhere further.
Thank you. Smile

I will do so as you suggest.
If anyone wish, I can post here if I find out something?

Regards
I simply can't decide which of them....i3 or Celeron!?
(2013-05-06, 10:54)Flotho Wrote: [ -> ]I simply can't decide which of them....i3 or Celeron!?

Do you need transcoding capabilities?

If no. Then Celeron.

That's it really!
(2013-05-06, 11:16)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-06, 10:54)Flotho Wrote: [ -> ]I simply can't decide which of them....i3 or Celeron!?

If no. Then Celeron.

That's it really!

Although I don't need transcoding, I can't decide either. When I stick with the Celeron I'll have to use HW acceleration to play high bit rate movies. However, there seem to be decoding artifacts when there are too many reference frames (e.g. on untoutched blu ray isos). On Linux on the other hand there is no HW acceleration in the Flash browser plug-in it seems, which may result in choppiness when watching 1080p clips on the web.

I'd probably settle for the i3-NUC, if somebody would show how high the cpu utilization is while playing an untouched 3D blu ray iso using frame packing and not using HW acceleration (i.e. DXVA). A few pages back someone tried to answer to this request I guess, but a) used DXVA and b) used an 3D side-by-side rip (probably lower bit rate than full blu ray).

If no. Then Celeron.

That's it really!

I only need to play 1080p MKVs from my Synology NAS with DTS-HD and Dolby-HD in XBMC with a nice Skin like ACE.

Do you think the Celeron is perfect for me?
(2013-05-06, 11:39)Flotho Wrote: [ -> ]

If no. Then Celeron.

That's it really!

I only need to play 1080p MKVs from my Synology NAS with DTS-HD and Dolby-HD in XBMC with a nice Skin like ACE.

Mines currently ordered and enroute. To do exactly what you want it to do. [but mines a desktop PC made into a server]
(2013-05-06, 11:50)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-06, 11:39)Flotho Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-06, 11:16)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need transcoding capabilities?

If no. Then Celeron.

That's it really!

Mines currently ordered and enroute. To do exactly what you want it to do. [but mines a desktop PC made into a server]

Would love to get a report on how you think it works.
Oh it'll be more than that. Gonna do full blown picture guide of simerec install.
(2013-05-06, 20:46)jammyb Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it'll be more than that. Gonna do full blown picture guide of simerec install.

Rofl good stuff!
Would a Celeron running some forum of linux be able to play back 1080p video while also hosting a minecraft server or would it be better to stick with an i3?
(2013-05-07, 00:28)DaveNinja Wrote: [ -> ]Would a Celeron running some forum of linux be able to play back 1080p video while also hosting a minecraft server or would it be better to stick with an i3?

If the video's you play are able to be decoded by the GPU I imagine you should have no problems running a mincecraft server.
Does anyone know what kernel Xbmcbuntu 12.2 is running on?

I ask because on v12 the kernel needed to be updated to 3.7 to get HD Audio working on the NUC as per the article below...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Int...r_HD_Audio

Thanks