Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: It happened again - a thread was moderated with no reason stated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I don't mean to be rude but there is a big issue with moderation here, when threads get closed or deleted without sending or posting a reason.
I don't mean to be out of line in anything I post, but if I do, don't I at least deserve to know what I did wrong? I mean, how else will I learn what is out of line?

I currently refer to the the HTML5 addons thread I started in suggestions. It's was live, hot thread (according to site) with a healthy and wealthy discussion that was cut by a moderator closing the thread. Who was the moderator? Why was it closed? The forum engine does not state those things, so all I've got left to do is ask it here and ask for a change (again) that when ever such action of moderation takes place, the relevant members (and the latest members who posted in the thread and the member who started the thread indeed seem relevant) will be notified about the reason by the member who moderated it.

Am I missing something here? Are such uninformative actions of moderation are something acceptable?
there's of course a change, however small, this one was closed accidentally.
i'll ask around.
I'm thinking it was just an accident. There's a few ways to trigger a thread to be closed, and I've done it more than once by accident myself. Especially since topfs2 is shown as having closed the thread, and he was in the middle of discussion on the topic. It really doesn't make any logical sense any other way.