Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie database moving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi forum members,

i have a little problem. I have a W7 HTPC with XBMC 11, the content is on a Synology NAS with smb share and offcoure an ATV2 with XBMC 11. I would like to move the XBMC movie and series database to my Apple TV from my HTPC. I export it to one file from the pc then i moved it to the ATV after that i import it. The new database has shown in the movie section, but i couldn't play the films while the acces path is the same.

What is the solution?
xbmc.log (wiki)
Code:
13:19:27 T:134373376   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://10%2e0%2e0%2e5/video/HD%20Filmek/11%2e14%2e2003'
                                            unix_err:'1' error : 'Operation not permitted'

Are you missing a username+password maybe?
i don't think so, because if i go to the video section and i choose my NAS i can log in without any problem. And i use the same path.

How can i test it?
Recently jailbreaked my ATV2 and installed XBMC with Quartz skin and got it working fine... Then the other day for no good reason XBMC could find my videos anymore and being unable to open directory...

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9071

I have tried uninstalling XBMC and also tried to reset settings but since I am no hardcore programmer I have trouble getting this fix done, any guess on what I can do!? I might have been doing something wrong when trying to reset settings when using Putty...

Have also tried to rename the network from "workgroup" to "homegroup" without results...

Getting quite frustrated!
Are you sure your atv2 has some sort of network connection?
Yes, it has network connection also when I'm using wifi and I can access the ATV from Putty where I tried uninstalling and installing XBMC again... I have also tried resetting usedata but don't know if I got that part working?

I wonder if there's an easy way to reset the ATV XBMC to default so I can start over again... I don't know why the XBMC all of a sudden can't get access to my network/ directory...
just move away (or remove) /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

this will reset all your xbmc settings and remove all your addons.
That's the thing, I tried doing that through Putty but apparently I am doing something wrong? What command should I type in after login to Apple TV root to get this done? How do I move away that folder? I really don't know how to do this!
login as root via putty and enter

Code:
mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC.old
Thank you so much Smile This got it working again, don't know what happened but hopefully it will work fine for alittle longer now... Again thank you for helping out!
Try filezilla instead and sftp into the atv, and then just right click on the folder and remove it Smile

Edit: Didnt saw you got it working, my phone didnt update the posts :/