Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#BUG#

Windows:
When using this plugin, pushing the power button on my remote does not put the computer to sleep. Instead it turns the monitor off.

If I disable the plugin, the power button acts as it should and sends the computer to sleep.
If I change to a different plugin, media portal, Argus tv or npvr then the power button acts as it should and sends the computer to sleep.

Its not dvbviewer, because if I quit xbmc and leave dvb viewer service running then the counter goes to sleep when I push the power button.
So there's something in this plugin that is preventing the computer to go into standby when the power button is pushed.
(2012-12-26, 00:58)Sardonis Wrote: [ -> ]What can be done to increase zapping times? Now it takes about 4-5 seconds to change channel.

I get here around 2 seconds (1 second, for example with ZDF HD channels on Astra 19.2). Try the "Direct Tuning" in the Hardware options of the RS and be sure "Stop stream while tuning" isn't checked. I had the "Use internal Network Provider Filter" enabled before and because of that, it was a second slower.

(2012-12-26, 01:32)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]So there's something in this plugin that is preventing the computer to go into standby when the power button is pushed.

I'll check it later (I never put to sleep the computer) but I can't think of a reason why the add-on could prevent it Huh
Here is the promised custom version of the add-on to get the renamed logos:

How to use:

Quote:- This will only work on Windows
- Install the add-on and close XBMC
- Create the folder C:\DVBLogos
- Start XBMC
- Logos will be saved renamed there and a notification will be displayed when it's finished
- Close XBMC
- Copy all logos to Program Files\DVBViewer\Images\Logos
- Restart the Recording Service
- Delete C:\DVBLogos

Download
A600

I fixed the issue, it appears something about dvbviewer (either your plugin or the program) was using windows 'away mode' instead of sleep... This would cause the screen to shut off but the system would stay on. I went to advanced power options on windows and disabled the away mode, now things work as they should.

Still not sure why its using that instead of sleep though...

Hopefully this helps.
(2012-12-26, 20:25)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]A600

I fixed the issue, it appears something about dvbviewer (either your plugin or the program) was using windows 'away mode' instead of sleep... This would cause the screen to shut off but the system would stay on. I went to advanced power options on windows and disabled the away mode, now things work as they should.

Still not sure why its using that instead of sleep though...

Hopefully this helps.

In the Service-Control panel you can check some options which "prevent the computer to go asleep while" recording and live tv and so on.
(2012-12-26, 22:10)dhjgv Wrote: [ -> ]In the Service-Control panel you can check some options which "prevent the computer to go asleep while" recording and live tv and so on.

Yes. Go to the RS configuration - Web/UPnP and disable "Block Standby/Hibernate if clients are receiving data". I tried it with the away mode enabled and worked just fine.
Quote:I get here around 2 seconds (1 second, for example with ZDF HD channels on Astra 19.2). Try the "Direct Tuning" in the Hardware options of the RS and be sure "Stop stream while tuning" isn't checked. I had the "Use internal Network Provider Filter" enabled before and because of that, it was a second slower.

Thanks A600, I will check it out tomorrow.
(2012-12-26, 17:06)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]I get here around 2 seconds (1 second, for example with ZDF HD channels on Astra 19.2). Try the "Direct Tuning" in the Hardware options of the RS and be sure "Stop stream while tuning" isn't checked. I had the "Use internal Network Provider Filter" enabled before and because of that, it was a second slower.
For me switching from channel to channel takes about 18 - 20 sec! Sad
Settings: "direct tuning" - on, "stop stream" - off, "network provider" - off
In the DVBViewer channel switching takes 1 - 2 secs...

What should I check? Which log files to see?
(2012-12-27, 01:42)polosatix Wrote: [ -> ][quote='A600' pid='1276894' dateline='1356534390']For me switching from channel to channel takes about 18 - 20 sec! Sad
Settings: "direct tuning" - on, "stop stream" - off, "network provider" - off
In the DVBViewer channel switching takes 1 - 2 secs...

18 seconds is way too much. Try with direct tuning disabled.

Also try another video player like VLC (you can save an m3u list with all channels using the RS web interface) and if you have a firewall or an antivirus, try to disable them.
Connected using VLC - very slow switching as well. Seems the problem in the RS.

I noticed that switching to unencrypted channel is fast: about 2 sec, but for encrypted is slow as I described before.
That's strange, because dvbviewer itself switches any channels very fast. So the problem is not in the hardware tuner (CT 3650-CI).
(2012-12-26, 17:06)A600 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the promised custom version of the add-on to get the renamed logos..
Thank you very much..it works like a charm.

(2012-12-27, 02:50)polosatix Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange, because dvbviewer itself switches any channels very fast. So the problem is not in the hardware tuner (CT 3650-CI).

I saw your bug report at the DVBViewer forum so I hope it'll be fixed Smile

Looking at my svcdebug.log, I can see that the RS zapping times are indeed slower than with DVBViewer and XBMC only adds a delay of 0.5 - 1 sec.
Hello people,

my English is not very good im German guy Wink

I installed the addon etc.
But could someone give me ne instructions as everything needs to be set?
Because I do not work at all stations, and switch when I want the picture freezes and it's nothing.
The switching times until he takes a picture takes a long time
Hi all,

i read this topic cross but found no answer to my problem.

Problem:
I have started a record 30 min. ago and will start watching while the record is going on.
I can watch the first 30 min. of the records but then it stops.

Is there any option to watch continuous a current ongoing record ?

many thx
(2012-12-30, 14:36)ReallyNow Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any option to watch continuous a current ongoing record ?

No. Read this thread

(2012-11-15, 19:34)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]I even know what exactly is causes the problem. It's ffmpeg which only analyses the size at the beginning. Fixing this means finding some kind of work around. I can not promise a fix for Frodo because it's a sensitive area of the code.

edit: I forgot, you can play the .ts with XBMC from the folder where the RS stores it. Unlike the http ts stream, XBMC updates the size of the recording file.
(2012-12-29, 17:40)Godf@th3r Wrote: [ -> ]Because I do not work at all stations, and switch when I want the picture freezes and it's nothing.
The switching times until he takes a picture takes a long time

Are you using the latest version (try a nightly)? If you connect XBMC with the RS trough UPnP, can you watch all channels?