Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

There is something wrong with the recordings feature of this DVBViewer PVR plugin.

XBMC version: Starting XBMC (12.0 Git:20130127-fb595f2), Platform: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, build 7601. Built on Jan 28 2013 (compiler 1600)
DVBViewer PVR Plugin: 1.6.5

1) Opening the "Live TV" -> "Recordings" takes a very long time to finish, I never use that feature because it's so painfully slow. Usually I end up killing the xbmc.exe process if i hit it by mistake..

2) If I try watch videos through "Live TV" -> "Recordings", it tends to be unstable and usually crashes XBMC, at the very latest when I try to seek a video back/forwards.

3) When the plugin is enabled, XBMC won't close gracefully anymore. Sometimes the XBMC gui closes and sometimes it freezes in place, but either way the XBMC.exe process stays active. I turned on the debug feature and it looks like the DVBViewer plugin is getting the recording information in the background, and that's what's keeping the process alive.. It generates a whole lot of these log entries(several thousand infact, looks like it is looping through my old recordings) even after I want to close XBMC:
----
02:13:28 T:1340 INFO: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Dvb::GetRecordings loaded Recording entry 'Shoot 'Em Up (16)', start '1364500800', length '6600'
02:13:28 T:1340 DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <epg_details.html> using cache
02:13:28 T:1340 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0C6EFE78) http://192.168.1.150:80/epg_details.html...recID=1245
02:13:28 T:2984 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
02:13:28 T:2984 INFO: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - Hit eof.
02:13:28 T:2984 DEBUG: Thread CFileCache 2984 terminating
----

So.. here are my questions:

q1) Is there any way to disable only the "Live TV" -> "Recordings" feature of the DVBViewer PVR plugin?
q2) Could the plugin be fixed so that the plugin will stop whatever it is doing in the background when XBMC is shut down. So It would all shutdown gracefully.

I really couldn't give a rat's ass if the "Live TV" -> "Recordings" was not there at all. I have always watched the recordings through the File -side of XBMC. The recording files themselves are OK.

So.. the "Recordings" feature is broken in more than one way for me atleast. I do love the fact that I can now browse the EPG and set recordings through XBMC now, it's great.. But I hope these issues could be resolved.

Is anybody else having these issues?

-jinxdone
(2013-03-29, 02:42)jinxdone Wrote: [ -> ]q1) Is there any way to disable only the "Live TV" -> "Recordings" feature of the DVBViewer PVR plugin?
Except modifying the source code yourself, no.

(2013-03-29, 02:42)jinxdone Wrote: [ -> ]q2) Could the plugin be fixed so that the plugin will stop whatever it is doing in the background when XBMC is shut down. So It would all shutdown gracefully.
From your sample log it looks like it's fetching the extended recording information which is necessary for fetching the recording sample image. It should be limited to a maximum of 20 pictures but I'm not sure if the code in A600 version is actually working. Would you please try my partly rewritten version (referenced in my signature)?
Additional I want to point out that the upcoming version won't need this additional http lookups due to the fact that the newest dvbviewer recording service api has been extended to include this information right away. This is one example of Portisch improvements.

Out of curiosity: How many recordings do you have? Smile
Alright, I just installed your updated version from the other post.. Now we're cookin' Nod

Now There are exactly 20 of those log entries in a row. I can actually open the recordings list.. And XBMC also shuts down too.

Looking at the log I can now see it does that every time after this message, so I'm guessing it was trying to get an excessive amount of those extended recording info requests every time this happened:
----
02:12:29 T:3412 INFO: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Perform timer/recording updates!
----

The only remaining issue is that seeking the recordings is still kind of shaky. When I try seek a recording, sometimes it seeks instantly and sometimes the video freezes in place and the little popup box says "buffering 0%". If i leave it alone for long enough it may come back to life and starts to play again. But while it's stuck, if you click around the GUI with the mouse or seek again on the keyboard or remote, XBMC becomes unresponsive. After a while windows asks it's usual message "if this program is working correctly?" (Probably it's going around in circles in some internal loop?).

Oh, and it makes it worse that I have my remote set up so that when I push down the button it keeps repeating a seek command of +/-20s or +/-60s at a time while I hold down the button. Basically it will always make XBMC go unresponsive sooner or later with this PVR plugin.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work manül!

PS. I have just a few, just enough to make it a problem in this case.. Smile
@jinxdone
This was one of the improvements by my addon version. It got tested with 2300 recordings on the RS server. It takes only long on the first startup to fill the XBMC database. Afterwards you should even not recognize that a update is running. Just follow my signature...
(2013-03-29, 04:54)jinxdone Wrote: [ -> ]The only remaining issue is that seeking the recordings is still kind of shaky.
Yes, this is known. But with the current pvr addon design that falls out of its responsibility. All the addon does is parsing the recording service webinterface and creating corresponding entries/objects in the xbmc database (timeshift is an additional local file). For every channel/recording the dvbviewer recording service offers an url to a transport stream which is then used by xbmc for playing/forward/rewind/...
There is a new version 1.7.8 availabe.
The polling of recordings and timers got removed. This is now event triggered.
Just follow the signature!
Hi Portisch,

any way to see an already compiled version for Frodo 12.1?

Cheers,

h3ll
No, the addon PVR API got updated for the XBMC nightlies.
hm ... and they don´t have the channel switching included yet ... which doesn´t help ...

Will have to wait Smile
Me too...
Hi,

anyone else experiencing trouble with the EPG. I am in CEST - GMT +1, now changed to +2 for summer period.

My EPG shows everything one hour off.

Is this an issue of the plugin?
You tried to clean the PVR database?

If not and if it is fixed afterwards than I guess it is a problem of XBMC itself.
For me it was the host machine which didn't recognized the time change for some reason. Fixing that time also fixed my epg.
In my case similar; the mistake was in the dvb server setup.

For some reason "automatic time zone settings" was switched OFF.

After switching automatic to ON, the EPG was fixed after a day.
Hi,

The dvbviewer plugin is great. Works perfectly for me. I have one small issue, which is when my Recording Service PVR is turned off, I constantly get the warning "DVBViewer Client Can't Connect to the Recording Service". I tried to disable warning under the live TV settings but this made no difference.

Is there a way to turn this warning off?

Many thanks,

Tim
New Zealand