Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-05, 14:14)manül Wrote: [ -> ]Please enable debug mode,..
sorry, there are to many issues for me..including missing 'Streaming Port' configuration inside the 'new' plugin. I went back to Frodo 12.2 with the 'old' _working_ addon 1.6.5.
(2013-07-03, 19:27)manül Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-03, 19:21)cundogg Wrote: [ -> ]I was just using the version that was bundled with xbmc frodo. I have downloaded your version but its still the same. Only some of the logos import. I have pointed it to the right folder. Dvbviewer picks up all the logos. Don't know why xbmc will only see some. Thanks for the help
Just make sure you run 1.6.10 (or 1.8.10 for nightlies) which is the current development snapshot.

Ah right. I never had the development one installed. It is now picking up alot more of the logos. Thanks again for the help.
(2013-07-05, 15:07)omnium Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, there are to many issues for me..including missing 'Streaming Port' configuration inside the 'new' plugin. I went back to Frodo 12.2 with the 'old' _working_ addon 1.6.5.
This streaming port is provided by the RS api so there's no need for a configuration value anymore. If you wan't to run Frodo, just run the corresponding development snapshot (1.6.10). So you get stable XBMC and improved PVR.
Hi,

I have a question, if there is already a solution for the Channel switching problem?
Always when I switch the Channels several times, it stops working. Then I need to restart the Computer to get it working again.
(2013-07-07, 12:43)coyote82 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a question, if there is already a solution for the Channel switching problem?
Always when I switch the Channels several times, it stops working. Then I need to restart the Computer to get it working again.

If you have to restart the computer, that means the recording service freezed. If you're using Hadu, that's the one responsible.
Hi,

I updated to the latest devvelopment 1.6.10 snap and use it with the release Frodo 12.2 Rec Service 1.26 is installed on the same system. Live TV works but after switching the channel it kicks you back to Main Menu. From there you can Restart. Is that a known bug?

Regards,

B

Edit: With 12.1 it works much better - you only have this problem every 4-5 Swich
(2013-07-15, 15:50)alex.ba Wrote: [ -> ]Is that a known bug?
..i think so..not that 'bug' with the nightlies.
Hi there,

see this post - this fixes the issues on a 12.2 version.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163469&page=3

Besides I would not recommend to use any other version due to problems it causes - but I haven´t checked latest nightlies as they had other problems throughout the last month.

Cheers,

h3ll
thank you!

works like a charme Big Grin
I wonder how many of the dvbviewer users are germans/speak german... Smile
I think thats because of the german origin of the DVBViewer Wink
Hi Manül,
(2013-07-15, 18:04)manül Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many of the dvbviewer users are germans/speak german... Smile
Australian English spoken here. Smile

Regards,
Ian.
+1 for german
+1 Catalan or Castillian
Hi guys. I've updated the development snapshot.
It only contains fixes (marked in bold) introduced by the code rewrite and should not introduce new bugs. So update is considered safe.

Frodo: Windows
Nightly/Gotham: Windows

Make sure you set your language to english. Everything else will have incorrect translations.

Recommended update process:
  • Download the corresponding build
  • Rename the file to some random word (e.g. dvbviewer-<current_date>.zip) to avoid caching problems
  • Uninstall old version
  • Install new version
Changes so far:
  • Require DVB viewer recording service 1.25.0 or later
  • In general use RS XML API instead of HTML/channeldat parsing
  • Rewrote channel parsing. Use favourites if you want fast startups.
  • Rewrote recording parsing, generate unique recording IDs
  • Removed signal status information
  • Show available diskspace
  • Fix channel logo not being displayed for some channels
  • Fix adding timers
  • Fix RTSP not working (Note: RTSP is only available if timeshift is disabled)
  • Fix After changing certain settings Live TV won't work anymore and XBMC restart was required

NB: Since this is a development snapshot the upcoming release will have the same version number