Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I am having weird issue with this addon.

I have 3 xbmc boxes

1. openelec rpi (3.2.2)
2. openelec x64 (3.2.2)
3. windows 7 64 bit xbmc 12.2

i am using 2 tv addons one is argus tv and the second is this dvbviewer recording service.

when the dvbviewer is enabled alone (argus tv addon is disabled) all seems to work well (all chanells loaded with epg)
when enabling argus tv addon :

on the openelec x64 box (number 2) all is o.k

but on the rpi and windows 7 box epg is not loaded on the dvbviewer addon (channels are loaded)
after many settings changes , when disabling radio channes on the argus tv addon suddenly channels are not loaded on the dvbviewer addon.

my guess there is something wrong dvbviewer addon when there is more than 1 pvr client enabled (its possible , and i had a good experience with argus tv + media portal addons)

tried version 1.6.10 and 1.6.11 (for windows)

Please Help ! Big Grin
(2013-10-07, 13:40)hagayg Wrote: [ -> ]Please Help ! Big Grin
Enable debug log (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy ), redo whatever it takes to get the EPG *not* loaded and use a paste service (http://pastie.org) to share the full log with us.
pastie.org limts to 64kb ?

anyhow here is a paste bin link :

with argus tv : http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=xiDiZewV

without argus tv (only 1 pvr client enabled) : http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=mmNrMA6i

Thanks in advance.
(2013-10-07, 19:27)hagayg Wrote: [ -> ]pastie.org limts to 64kb ?

anyhow here is a paste bin link :

with argus tv : http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=xiDiZewV

without argus tv (only 1 pvr client enabled) : http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=mmNrMA6i
Yeah, I always forget about the size limit Wink
Took a quick look at your logs and as far as I can tell XBMC doesn't even request the EPG from the DVB Viewer PVR. However it looks like it's not even merging the channels so missing EPG is just a symptom.

DVB Viewer:
Code:
20:21:49 T:8568    INFO: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Loaded (10/2954) channels in (2/2) groups
<dvbviewer pvr is ready>
[...]
20:21:49 T:2536   DEBUG: PVRChannelGroup - PVR::CPVRChannelGroup::Load - 10 channels loaded from the database for group 'All TV channels'

Argus+DVB Viewer:
Code:
<argus channel loading>
20:15:13 T:11520   DEBUG: PVRChannelGroup - PVR::CPVRChannelGroup::Load - 6 channels loaded from the database for group 'All TV channels'
[...]
20:15:14 T:180    INFO: AddOnLog: DVBViewer Client: Loaded (10/2954) channels in (2/2) groups
<dvbviewer pvr is ready>

Have you tried resetting the PVR database (settings -> livetv)? Also please give gotham/current nightly a shot?
From my experience resting the pvr database is a must when making "big" changes in pvr backend, so yeah , i did reset the pvr database.
Funny thing is that same backend setup works fine on the openelec ion box (x64) , but not on the windows 7 or openelec rpi boxes (same problem)
Unless i am missing some major setting i would assume the problem is with the pvr compilation/compatibility with xmbc on different platforms.

haven't tried gotham yet , since its not a viable solution for me right now , if i would not get my setup to work on one box i would assume the problem is at the backend , but as i mentioned its not.
at the moment i am using the dvbviewer recording service , but via iptv simple pvr client (made a big m3u list of the streams) and xmltv file for epg and it works just fine on the 3 boxes , so i am only losing the more tight channel integration and recording integration in xbmc.

If you need more info/logs/tests just let me know...
(2013-10-07, 21:27)hagayg Wrote: [ -> ]Funny thing is that same backend setup works fine on the openelec ion box (x64) , but not on the windows 7 or openelec rpi boxes (same problem)
Unless i am missing some major setting i would assume the problem is with the pvr compilation/compatibility with xmbc on different platforms.

haven't tried gotham yet , since its not a viable solution for me right now , if i would not get my setup to work on one box i would assume the problem is at the backend , but as i mentioned its not.
at the moment i am using the dvbviewer recording service , but via iptv simple pvr client (made a big m3u list of the streams) and xmltv file for epg and it works just fine on the 3 boxes , so i am only losing the more tight channel integration and recording integration in xbmc.

If you need more info/logs/tests just let me know...
It may be some sort of locking/thread sync issue but that's just a wild guess so far. Such issues may or may not occur, e.g. it may be timing related. That's why giving gotham a shot would at least rule out already fixed core bugs. Also you don't have to remove / overwrite your frodo settings. Just install gotham in a separate directory and run xbmc in portable mode: make a shortcut of xbmc.exe, add -p after xbmc.exe. so it's "xbmc.exe -p" and run that shortcut.
Hey again

just tried the gotham 13 alpha 8 (which has dvbviewer pvr 1.8.10) and i got the same problem , argus + dvbviewer = only argus channels are shown , dvbiewer alone = all good + epg.
(2013-10-07, 22:23)hagayg Wrote: [ -> ]Hey again

just tried the gotham 13 alpha 8 (which has dvbviewer pvr 1.8.10) and i got the same problem , argus + dvbviewer = only argus channels are shown , dvbiewer alone = all good + epg.
Ok thanks. Digged deeper into XBMC code and it looks like XBMC is waiting for the first PVR to get ready. After that it requests channels + timer + recordings. For later PVRs there won't be such requests. However I'm already triggering a "channel sync" after dvbviewer PVR startup. Not sure yet why this doesn't have any effect but I'm getting closer.

Update: Ok, I can reproduce this using the pvr demo as 2nd PVR client. However have no idea how to fix it Undecided
At my workplace i always say that reproducing the problem/bug is 80% of the solution, I hope some one can fix this , cause having more than pvr clients is very common. (i dont want to give up argus tv , it has a very nice scheduling engine)
maybe related but don't know.. If i have two channels with same name in dvbviewer channel list (e.g. when a channel moves transponder and i do not delete old one) I add the correct one in dvbviewer favourites list (deleting the old one). All works fine from within dvbviewer but from xbmc it does not work - i tried deleting database etc.. then once i delete old channel from dvbviewer channel list all is fine.
I am familiar with the problem you are describing , it happened to me with argus and media portal pvr addons as well , usually resting the pvr database fixes it.

The problem i am facing is the fact that the dvbviewer pvr client is not loading channels/epg when there is another pvr client enabled.
I reset pvr database but problem still persists it seems that even though correct channel is present in favourites.xml xbmc dvbviewer addon tries to start the old channel (with same name) which resides in the dvbviewer channel list. If i delete the old channel from dvbviewer channel list i.e. ensuring that channel names are unique then the right one is started when selecting from xbmc dvbviewer plugin.

choosing the favourite channels from within dvbviewer always works fine irrespectively..
I have good news and bad news.

good news : i have reproduced the problem.

as said i workaround my problem by using iptv pvr client and manually writing the m3u file.
I wrote and little "bridge" program that loads the favorites xml file from dvbviewer service and generates a m3u file (this way i can setup my channels with dvbviewer gui).
it worked just fine , but sometimes it didnt load the channels at all.

after some digging i found out the if my "bridge" program takes a little bit longer to finish my channels arent get loaded.
i easily reproduced this by adding sleep for 3 seconds on my "bridge" program and my channels nevers gets loaded.
after argus tv pvr clients finish its work (first pvr client loaded) other pvr client dont get their data loaded(channels first and epg later).

It also explains why when i telling argus pvr not load radio channels the channels not get loaded.

bad news : its seems to be a xbmc "pvr engine" issue and not the pvr client fault and nothing can be done at the moment Sad
(2013-10-10, 00:11)hagayg Wrote: [ -> ]bad news : its seems to be a xbmc "pvr engine" issue and not the pvr client fault and nothing can be done at the moment Sad
Yes. I already talked to opdenkamp if this is desired or known. Turns out it's a bug. I'll file a bug report soon and maybe also try to fix it. However it will be gotham/nightly only unless you'll backport the fix yourself.
Good thing is it's really easy to reproduce Smile
tried the nightly for frodo (.1.6.11)

On my win x64 machine everything is working as before. As the channel import was always really fast for me - everything is still fine.

At the moment the timeshift wait time and the Usability (this is xbmc related) are the only show stoppers for me. So I'm still using dvbviewer with advanced lauchner

thanks for your work