Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WindowXML changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With recent nightly builds I noticed that Python scripts using WindowXML do no longer work. It does not seem to find some windows:

Code:
RuntimeError: Non-Existent Control 1051

Even though that control is definitely in the XML files. I did notice a lot of Python related check-ins. Did anything change in the WindowXml world?[/php]
what recent nightly build because maybe it already has been fixed?
Yup. If you're using the _cmp_ (the overloaded '==' operator) to check for the control, then I just checked in a fix.

Try the current master. If it's still not working, post here.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REBUILD FROM SCRATCH. There's a problem with some of the platforms with correctly regenerating code.

Thanks
Jim
(2012-09-17, 03:34)jfcarroll Wrote: [ -> ]Yup. If you're using the _cmp_ (the overloaded '==' operator) to check for the control, then I just checked in a fix.

Try the current master. If it's still not working, post here.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU REBUILD FROM SCRATCH. There's a problem with some of the platforms with correctly regenerating code.

Thanks
Jim

I used Saturday's nightly build (for mirrrors.xbmc.org). The error occurs on this line:

Code:
self.getControl(1050).setVisible(True)
I really meant "just checked in a fix" ...like 2 minutes before (Sunday night, east coast US). It'd be great if I could get an entire addon that exhibits this behavior (if it's still happening).

Please make sure you build from scratch when checking out new code.

Thanks
Jim
(2012-09-17, 13:27)jfcarroll Wrote: [ -> ]I really meant "just checked in a fix" ...like 2 minutes before (Sunday night, east coast US). It'd be great if I could get an entire addon that exhibits this behavior (if it's still happening).

Please make sure you build from scratch when checking out new code.

Thanks
Jim

I will try tonight's Nightly and then let you know. If you want to test it yourself, you can install the XOT-Uzg.v3 add-on via it's repository (See here: Install XOT-Uzg.v3 in XBMC (Dharma/Eden/Frodo). After installation it should show under Program Add-Ons.
I just installed XBMCSetup-20120916-ce9750d-master.exe, which should include your fix b59ddb1bce5ed6ee3f56371e2e61553ca1b1925e.

With this build the issue still exists. So I invite you to install my add-on and test it yourself (might need to restart it the first run, due to some config stuff that is initialized on the first boot).

Basje, I couldn't get your script to go past the loading dialog (on either the latest, or a version prior to all of the changes in the scripting engine).
Nevermind. I installed it wrong. Will try again later.
(2012-09-18, 14:38)jfcarroll Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind. I installed it wrong. Will try again later.
Did you manage to get it installed?
I'm not sure. I think maybe I did have it installed correctly. But, it comes up under Videos, not Programs (like the doc says) and it just sits on the loading dialog.
Ha ha... it appears to be in both places. Maybe I have it installed correctly AND incorrectly.
Ok. This error is from the codebase PRIOR to any of the codegenerator changes going in:

09:38:15 T:139999207294720 ERROR: Non-Existent Control 1051

So there's nothing that's been introduced by the codegenerator, which is a complete rewrite of the entire scripting engine. In both cases it gets this error. I suggest you check the exact window/control you're trying to retrieve that control from.
(2012-09-23, 15:42)jfcarroll Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. This error is from the codebase PRIOR to any of the codegenerator changes going in:

09:38:15 T:139999207294720 ERROR: Non-Existent Control 1051

So there's nothing that's been introduced by the codegenerator, which is a complete rewrite of the entire scripting engine. In both cases it gets this error. I suggest you check the exact window/control you're trying to retrieve that control from.

It is strange, because it runs fine on my ATV2 with the Alpha 5 build. But not on the nightly builds and I did not change anything in the script in the mean time.
There is one difference to note. The old system used to raise a "TypeError" in python when this happend. Now a RuntimeError is raised. Maybe that explains why you notice a difference?
Pages: 1 2 3