Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: track thumb showing but not album
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple of problems with my music video library and I'm not sure if the issue is with my skin, or naming, and where to fix it.

My music video library is set up so that the artist is also shown as the album, and I would like from my homepage when I click on music video for it to default to showing the album thumbnail view (which in my case will be each artist). My first problem is that the music video page is not defaulting to the album view but to the general library. My setup in home.xml is as follows:

<item id="2">
<label>Music Videos</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MusicVideos,Albums,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/musicvid.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Music_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Library.HasContent(Video)</visible>
</item>

The second problem is that there doesn't seem to be an option to set the album thumbnail. The view shows as empty, but if you right mouse click, the context menu only shows options for Queue Item/Play/add to favourites/mark as watched/mark as unwatched/update library.

I have the files set up as Music Videos/Album/Tracks, with a folder.jpg in each album directory, and the folder.jpg shows in files view, but not in the library.

One other possibility that I thought was to have the homepage default to the files view, however attempts to do this resulted in taking me to my c: not the music videos drive, so again I'm doing something wrong.

Any advice would be gratefully received.