Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: which RC can do this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im looking for a remote control app that will allow me to see files on the phone rather than on main display
so if im playing music at a party it doesnt interrupt the visuals - and i can browse and add tracks with phone.

The Unofficial/Official iPhone remote can do that. I don't know about the official android remote, but I would assume it can too.
the ipod one requires ios 5 - which i dont have (but it looks like im going to have to get)

the android one will only let me queue whole albums
and it doesnt work properly for me.
ie it will let me play a track - but i cant actually remote control the songs.
other xbmc apps will let me do this - is it possible other XBMC android apps are "hanging onto" the remote so the official one cant send the control command?

(2012-09-18, 14:48)SuttoSnax Wrote: [ -> ]the android one will only let me queue whole albums
and it doesnt work properly for me.
ie it will let me play a track - but i cant actually remote control the songs.
other xbmc apps will let me do this - is it possible other XBMC android apps are "hanging onto" the remote so the official one cant send the control command?

Eh, I doubt that, XBMC can receive commands from several remotes at once.
I think the Android remote uses EventGhost for the button remote control. Do you have an EventServer port set in your XBMC host settings on your phone? (if so, what is it?)
Do you have "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" set to on/yes in your XBMC settings under Network->Services?

The official remote does allow you to enqueue single songs (in library mode, not file mode sadly) - just long-tap one to open the context menu, there you can enqueue it. You can even set it to enqueue songs rather then play them right away when you click them in the app settings. However, if the current playlist is empty, it will enqueue the whole album.
You can also try Music Pump XBMC Remote or Yatse Widget on Android.
XBMC Commander for iOS does all you describe... You can basically create and edit a playlist on the fly... works super for me.

PS On it you can also browse YouTube, and any video you want to play, you can have it play on your TV. Great for music videos...
ok - the long press works on android, i was just using press as i had changed on XBMC PC settings to add rather than play when tracks where added, i presumed this would mean no matter how they were added, but it seems it means when added via mouse.

still cant seem to bring up playlist on android tho.
Bottom right button on the "now playing" panel Wink