Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I manually add trailers for my movies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been tinkering with this for a while now with no success. Most movies add trailers from the web when they are scraped with no problems. When I try to add the trailer through XWMM it never works. The data never actually saves to the library.
I think that downloading trailers for these movies and pointing XBMC to them is my best option, but I can't quite figure that out either.
Could someone point me to a guide on how to do this, or at least tell me where to start?
You can put the trailer file in the same directory as the movie. Then name the file the same as the movie just appending '-trailer' to the end of it.

Example:
Jaws.1975.<ext>
Jaws.1975-trailer.<ext>

Then from within the library, bring up the info screen for that title and hit refresh.

Also note, that if a movie already has a web trailer and you add a local trailer and refresh it will prefer the local file.
WOW. I posted this a while back and got a lot of nonsense. If it's really this easy I can't believe nobody shared this with me. I will try this today.
Works like a charm. Awesomeness.