Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using the Grooveshark website within XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to get the Grooveshark website working from within my XBMC installation.
I want to load the Grooveshark website in the background and control it from my Android smartphone with the gsremote app and plugin for Grooveshark.
This way i can play Grooveshark music on my XBMC without the need of a Grooveshark account,i can use all the functionalities of Grooveshark, and ofcourse control it remotely Smile

But ofcourse i've encountered some problems Smile. Im running XBMCbuntu with a default install of Chromium, the gsremote plugin does not work with Chromium.
So i installed Chrome which is needed for the plugin to work correctly. But now it seems that i dont have any sound when running the Grooveshark website from Chrome. So there's my first problem, how come i have sound from within Chromium but not from within Chrome.

Then if it's possible to fix that, i have to figure out how to launch the website in the background while running XBMC. And then keeping the session on the website alive so it stays connected to gsremote service.

Hopefully there are some people who can join me in this quest Smile

You can find the gsremote app and plugin on this website http://www.gsremote.com/
I make the iPhone version of Grooveshark Remote with my friend who makes the Android version and browser extensions. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help Smile
(2012-09-21, 22:29)fr0sty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to get the Grooveshark website working from within my XBMC installation.
I want to load the Grooveshark website in the background and control it from my Android smartphone with the gsremote app and plugin for Grooveshark.
This way i can play Grooveshark music on my XBMC without the need of a Grooveshark account,i can use all the functionalities of Grooveshark, and ofcourse control it remotely Smile

But ofcourse i've encountered some problems Smile. Im running XBMCbuntu with a default install of Chromium, the gsremote plugin does not work with Chromium.
So i installed Chrome which is needed for the plugin to work correctly. But now it seems that i dont have any sound when running the Grooveshark website from Chrome. So there's my first problem, how come i have sound from within Chromium but not from within Chrome.

Then if it's possible to fix that, i have to figure out how to launch the website in the background while running XBMC. And then keeping the session on the website alive so it stays connected to gsremote service.

You can find the gsremote app and plugin on this website http://www.gsremote.com/

Did you managed to do this? I did it using firefox and a vnc session. I launch both on boot from /etc/rc.local
(2012-10-17, 11:59)oliland Wrote: [ -> ]I make the iPhone version of Grooveshark Remote with my friend who makes the Android version and browser extensions. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help Smile
Thanks but i got things working know, no need for changing the app. Only some questions/problems i mailed [email protected] a few weeks ago.

(2012-10-20, 13:37)tusko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-21, 22:29)fr0sty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to get the Grooveshark website working from within my XBMC installation.

Did you managed to do this? I did it using firefox and a vnc session. I launch both on boot from /etc/rc.local

Of course i got things working Smile
I'm using advanced launcher from within XBMC to start Firefox with the Grooveshark website and the gsremote plugin installed. I installed lirc-x so that i can close the browser and return back to XBMC by pressing the home button on my remote. The problems that i still need to fix are:
- to be able to start advanced launcher from XBMC remote
- to be able to stop advanced launcher from XBMC remote
- still have to find out where to adjust volume in X, because the volume is extremely loud