Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC very slow without Internet connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have had the same problem with several XBMC versions so far and cannot figure out how to solve it. I hope someone can help. Every now and than my Internet provider has a problem and I lose my Internet connection. When this happens, the XBMC interface suddenly becomes very very very slow. It takes e.g. about 2 minutes to load the movie screen. This is strange since I do not need the Internet connection since all movies are stored on a local NAS. Is there a setting which is causing this? I have had this problem in XBMC 9, 10 and 11 and on different machines.

My setup:
PC: ZBox ION 2
Library: mySQL on a Synology NAS
Router: Apple airport express (also tried it with a linksys)
The machine is connected to a gigabit switch

Thanks for your response!
ok, you've verified this by switching off the WAN yourself (router) and seeing if this repeats the behavior?
Do you have the option to update library on startup enabled? If so, try disabling it and see if this problem still occurs.
Yes, it also occurs when I switch off the WAN myself.

The library does not update on startup.
Are you using everywhere only internal IP addresses (i.e. not external IPs, and not names) to define where the Synology NAS is, where are the sources, etc. ?
Perhaps XBMC is taking a long route to access your ISP's DNS to resolve hostnames for items are just near to you.
Only internal addresses indeed. Sources are mapped by IP address not host names. And eventually the movie library does show. So XBMC is able to find it without a Internet connection. Also the MySQL library is looked for by IP address in the advanced settings. I could try to store some content on the ZBox itself and check if it works than.