Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.video.youtube not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have never gotten the youtube plugin to work since I have setup but have not had the time to work with it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and also backing up the version to try an older one but still no luck...

Here is the log, any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/JAwbcmG6

TIA!

~Archer
nump.. anyone?
Try updating add-on to current version 3.2.0:
Code:
21:29:35 T:2852969280  NOTICE: YouTube-3.1.0

That should have updated automatically unless you have this feature disabled. If that's the case, then: System/Settings > Add-ons > Available updates
I have tried both versions as I stated above. I just went back today and tried the 3.2.0 and still no dice.
In that case, please post a new debug log while running 3.2.0.
I had this problem too but found I hadn't specifiied a download directory location in the YouTube Settings. When I did, it worked. BTW, this is on a Raspberry Pi.

Hope this helps.

Unh.
Specifying a download directory fixed the issue for me too. I'm running xbmc in Ubuntu 12.04 on an Intel-powered desktop.

This seems like a bug to me, since I shouldn't get an app crash if I don't fill something in in the UI. However, I'm new to XBMC and the forums.

A search in trac of "input.video.youtube" yields no results.

Experienced XBMC folk: should I file a bug?
Still not working even after changing the download folder.

http://pastebin.com/ke1yrKp2

Here is the new link with 3.2.0.

Thanks!
This is probably the reason it is failing:
Code:
00:23:00 T:2853530432  NOTICE: YouTube-3.2.0
00:23:00 T:2853530432    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
00:23:00 T:2853530432   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
00:23:00 T:2853530432   ERROR: Error Contents: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_io.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_Replace
00:23:00 T:2853530432   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/server/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 71, in <module>
                                                import CommonFunctions
                                              File "/home/server/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib/CommonFunctions.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                import io
                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/io.py", line 60, in <module>
                                                import _io
                                            ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_io.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_Replace
00:23:00 T:2853530432    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
This explains what can cause this Python error:
http://effbot.org/pyfaq/when-importing-m...deucs2.htm

However, I can't tell you why you're getting it with this add-on on your particular system set-up or how to fix it. Will have to defer to a Python programmer.
What is the best way to attract a Python programmer to this issue? Redbull and cookies? ;-)
Did you build Python from source? It looks like it was compiled with PyUnicodeUCS4, when the default is PyUnicodeUCS2. I would remove and reinstall python and try again
I am not very unix savy so I do not know. I installed it along with an addon.. Maybe sickbeard/couchpotato or sabnzbd. I will try to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks
it will not let me uninstall because it says its needed for the system to run. Is there a better way to do this?
im having the same issue. any luck?
Ok, that's what the problem is. Python 2.7 is installed by default in ubuntu, so if you installed another version, you've now got both running side by side. Take a look in software center and see if you show another version (probably 2.6)
Software Center showed:

python 2.7.3-0ubuntu2

Is installed.

Terminal showed this:

Code:
[email protected]:~$ python --version
Python 2.7.3

Thanks for working with me on this.
Pages: 1 2