Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem loading xbmc from nitoTv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,
I have NitoTv installed and having issues with the XBMC install. Apple tv 2 5.0.2. Mac OS. Whenever i try i get:
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occured while procesing com.iphonemodding2.halloffameringtone (New Version1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/apt.modmyi.com_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Package
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I also tried to install XBMC through Terminal based on XBMC site through root. Nothing happened.

any help would be awesome.
thanks
I am also getting this problem when trying to setup xbmc on the atv2.

I run apt-get update

Quote:Reading package lists... Error!
E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing com.iphonemodding2.halloffameringtone (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/apt.modmyi.com_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Hey Guys, I'm getting the same issue also. I reformatted the ATV2 and reinstalled everything and still the same. Seas0nPass jailbreak works but aTV Flash Black, Nito installer or ssh don't work same errors. Any ideas?
[quote='YZFNYC' pid='1198203' dateline='1348453699']
Hey Guys, I'm getting the same issue also. I reformatted the ATV2 and reinstalled everything and still the same. Seas0nPass jailbreak works but aTV Flash Black, Nito installer or ssh don't work same errors. Any ideas?
[/quote]

Yes I have tried all 3 methods as well and get the same error.
same error here. can't install nitotv
on 5.0.2 jailbroke with season pass Version 0.8.6 (565)
Same problem here...
Hey guys, amazingly enough I too am having this problem... but on my iPhone 4. I just googled this error and this forum post was the only result that came up.
I get these errors when loading cydia:
(!) Problem parsing dependency Depends
(!) Error occured while procesing com.iphonemodding2.halloffameringtone (New Version1)
(!) You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

The fact you guys are getting it on the Apple TV makes me think it is either 1) a temporary issue with Cydia, or 2) We all installed the same bogus package/source that is causing the issue. I'm not sure what app would have caused this since the only changes I've recently made were to update already installed apps (iFile, AndroidLockXT and a few other common ones).What makes me think it's some BS/malicious thing is the "Hall of Fame Ringtone" portion of the error... that and I don't even have any sources with "com.iphonemodding2" in the address. Also, why is the .com domain in the front? Anyhow I'll do some more digging in the iPhone modding community and see if anyone else is having this problem.

Have any of you recently added any sources or packages prior to getting this error? I know that Cydia was working fine earlier today which is when I updated about 6 of my long-used apps through Cydia.

BTW, Cydia is still working besides this error. Can install other apps but it's still annoying. Not sure if this is connected but I've had Mobile Substrate crash and bring me back to the Springboard in safe mode 3 times since I noticed this error too. Could have been from a long install queue hanging or it could be part of the same issue. Not sure yet.
All I have done to my ATV2 today is re-jailbreak it (twice now, and successfully) with SeasOnPass up to the latest version for ATV2, which is 5.0.2. My end goal is Plex which I had running fine on 4.2.2 ATV.

The first step is to run the command apt-get update which is when this error is occurring.
I fix it adding the source http://apt.iphonemodding.com
I'm pretty new to all this but just got my atv2 and jailbroke if with season pass. I found the nitotv install on youtube but have since found other different syntax ways to install it and it made wonder if this was the problem... Hoping someone had an answer before i try to wipe it and start over...
m
(2012-09-24, 05:07)Jeusmr Wrote: [ -> ]I fix it adding the source http://apt.iphonemodding.com

Jeusmr. Care to elaborate for those of us that don't know wtf you are talking about?
(2012-09-24, 05:07)Jeusmr Wrote: [ -> ]I fix it adding the source http://apt.iphonemodding.com

Thanks that worked for me...

Steps I took.

SSH into apple tv

Code:
ssh root@ipaddress

default password is alpine

Code:
cd to cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
then run the following command:

Code:
cp nito.list nito.list.bak

then install an editor

Code:
apt-get install nano

Now run :

Code:
nano nito.list

then past this into the editor

Code:
deb http://apt.iphonemodding.com /

Now hit control x and then save the file

now execute
Code:
apt-get update

then execute
Code:
apt-get upgrade

now you can run the installation properly with no problems.
I get no error on my iPhone (will see if I can duplicate it on my ATV2 in a bit), and looking at the files in apt.iphonemodding.com, I don't see what on earth would be dependent on something from there. Can someone who's still having this issue paste the full terminal putout when the error happens?
Drew,
I'm getting the same error when I try to install the editor:

"apt-get install nano"

is there anyway to download the file that needs to be edited, change it and upload it back?
(2012-09-24, 13:17)Hip98ster Wrote: [ -> ]Drew,
I'm getting the same error when I try to install the editor:

"apt-get install nano"

is there anyway to download the file that needs to be edited, change it and upload it back?

Drew,
Thank you for your detailed step by step instructions. Although I was unable to install nano, due to the same issue as originally reported, I was able to work around this by installing WinSCP on my windows pc (I couldn't get nano to install from terminal on the Mac).

Once I got the file nito.list changed to the new source everything worked perfectly!

Thanks again to you and to Jeusmr.
Hey all, i can't really explain why, but i tried to reload the XBMC after work today and 2 things in nitoTV updated. after that i tried to load it and it worked.
thanks for the help
Pages: 1 2