Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR-Addon Builds for OS X?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone manage to build the PVR-Addons for OS X? Are there any Howtos on how to compile them or is this not possible atm? Thanks for any answers.
Which one you specially mean?

For ForTheRecord you'll get the addon from the homepage of 4TR. (In example)
Thanks for your reply! I would like to compile the VU+ Plugin for enigma2.
PVR addons are build in the current osx nightlies atm. So they are already integrated from now on. But there is an issue that all might get activated when you start XBMC which leads to crashing. So beware (and maybe just delete the addons you don't use for a workaround).
Wow, that sounds good so far! The only problem is that the addon I'd like to use is called vuplus and currently only in the margro tree. What is the prerequisite for getting into the official tree?
The original pull request to add the Vuplus addon to the official tree was postponed by jdembski in order to remove the dependency on the curl library.
It turned out that sharing the same curl library between XBMC and its pvr addons results in unpredictable behavior and crashes.
The vuplus addon needs to be changed to use curl through XBMC instead of directly. As far as I know, jdembski is planning to do that (when he has time again).

The version in my repository is still using (a statically linked) curl and is only expected to work on Windows at the moment. The Linux version and OSX version will compile, but are very likely to crash due to the curl usage.
Thanks a bunch for your detailed feedback margro! Very glad to hear that it is just a question of time. I am sure that XBMC will have some great success with the pvr integration; that's the critical feature for all the media center solutions.