Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Addons not listed with the API
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this. I've been searching for a while, take a deep look to the wikipedia about addon development and the api and I haven't found an answer for my request.

I would like to use a xbmc instance running onto a headless pc, or a pc with the screen power off, and I would like to be able to use it as a "music box" and radio using any online radio provider like tunnein.
The xbmc version is eden.
To control the xbmc, as it is "headless" I'm using an android smartphone on which I have installed the official remote, (and as it is not yet using the last api, I've also installed the yatse app).
I have installed the tunein addon or any music provider addon (it doesn't really matters the addon). But, although I can see the addon listed under the music files when I use the normal gui (connecting temporally a screen), the addons are not listed on the android official xbmc remote (neither on the yatse).
I have asked the yatse developer about this problem, and he gently answered that the problem is on the API, that doesn't have any method to retrieve the addon listing.

Then I've reviewed the api, and the addon development wiki information, searching for a way to tell the addon to "be listed" on the archive api, but I haven't found any way.
Also, I have found here that when you develop a plugin source addon "Your script only runs while it's retrieving a listing" so I guess that it could not be listed because it is not even running, however the main GUI is capable of, so it should be any way to do this.

So, my question is if I'm missing something and there is a way to be able to "see" and interacts with the plugin source addons, or what I'm trying to do just cannot be done,
If the case is the later, it would be a great feature for those that want to use the xbmc not only for video but also for music / radio without the need to have a screen attached.

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards
Gabriel