Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Navigation on a Touchscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm setting up a 42" touchpanel in a canteen environment, streaming YouTube channels, video files and images
The idea is that anyone can go up to the panel, select a video stream or collection of images with their hands.

There is no mouse, remote or keyboard (on screen or physical) attached to this system.

Question - is there a skin that I can put on XBMC that will permanently show a navigation bar (or just a back button) on screen regardless of whats playing?

For example - if I go into Pictures, I can swipe left and right to select the Image to show, but I cannot leave the Pictures when they are showing to get back to the Pictures menu.

I've tried Kiosk mode in Eden, and 5 skins but I cannot find a setting or a skin to use.

Anyone out there that can help?

Ian
Bumped as I really can't find an answer for this
Have you tried the "Touched" skin? It's designed specifically for touchscreen devices such as the iPad and may work for your 42" touchscreen system as well.
re-Touched is even better! Quartz is working pretty well with a touch screen too, apart from some places where you can't scroll in lists.
I don't have any touchscreen devices, but do these touch-oriented skins have a virtual button to mimic the right mouse button so you can return to the homepage or open a context menu? Or do you have to do something like a two-finger tap to simulate an RMB click? I think this may have a bearing on br04dyz's requirement since casual users in a public setting may not know to use a two-finger tap if that indeed is necessary.
Two finger single tap or Longpress might work (at least on ios and android - not sure for windows at all).
I've grabbed a download of Touched - on the laptop it looks pretty good.
There still isn't a back button on the Pictures view but I wasn't aware of the two tap or long touch techniques.

I'm going to update the system today and see how I get on....

Thanks for now!