Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: any one hai? (Home Automation, Inc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so my electrical supplier is a distributor of hai. Now I can but can not get the parts.I can as my boss is trained and is able to get them and I can not get them personally. I am thinking of doing the training but I might see if my boss is willing to get me a few things to start out.

Now I have noticed they have a serial interface. this should provided there is drivers/software, allow xbmc to communicate to the devices to do what I want them to do.

anyone here use HAI before with xbmc?
If you have to pay for training DON"T HAI is the worse home integration system, a better choice at that level would be control4
I'm planning home automation soon too, and I'm going to use Loxone.

https://www.loxone.com/

Not sure if they are active in the USA.
don't you have to pay for training for any respectful automation course? I was talking to my boss and he did say the same things when he was talking to others. I know leviton just bought HAI so who knows what might happen in the near future.

I still need to decide on what company to choose. I would like something xbmc can integrate as well. others are if there is a music server side, all my music is in lossless on a unraid machine. If said device can access my unraid box and play lossless then they will get a few extra points.
(2012-09-29, 09:46)intertan Wrote: [ -> ]I still need to decide on what company to choose. I would like something xbmc can integrate as well. others are if there is a music server side, all my music is in lossless on a unraid machine. If said device can access my unraid box and play lossless then they will get a few extra points.

Vortexbox(aka slimplayer - logitech squeezebox) plays FLAC
You right, most of the good ones you do have to pay for training ...

HAI is a poor technologies overall

I work for a home automation company, and have been to most of the training glasses for multiple different companies

HAI, Control4, Vantage, Crestron, AMX, RTI

in your case I would say either use Control4 or a custom system

I have looked at a few in the past control4. crestron and russound. Going with control4 I have been unable to find any sort of training to be able to purchase the supplies.
Are you saying that you want to buy some control4 hardware ?
yes and no. I want to get training in how to install/operate control4 or some other home automation system. At the same time I also want to use my house as a example of what can be done, same time play with the hardware/software.