Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: a few problems since ip change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have reinstalled xbmc and everything mostly is fine, bar say the slowness of some of the browsing. I was sharing via nfs from my synology nas but when i added my film folder again it only found one film and then left the rest in files - taking about 3 mins to browse to files.

Attached are my logs, please let me know if there are obvious fixes

thanks in advance

http://pastebin.com/y6f0Yw3K - xbmc log
crashreporter - http://pastebin.com/ETZQqTWY
sys log is 45mb
Try repairing permissions for XBMC's settings: iOS_FAQ#Repair_settings (wiki).
And next log will have debug turned on or no soup for you.
sorry - still having issues

http://pastebin.com/Tp8fBVbz
Ok this log really looks strange. I would say:

1. Fix the permissions of the userdata folder (see the ios faq in my signature)
2. Check the filesystem permissions on your nfs server and make sure that all subdirs and there are files have the right owner/accessrights
3. If nothing helps - rejailbreak - cause it really behaves strange as of the log - tries to access dirs outside of xbmcs userdata it shouldn't try to access and gives errors in accessing files without the corresponding error messages from the filesystem (no clue how this is even possible)
Two things Memphiz,

I must thank you for all the help you offer on this forum, it would be impossible for xbmc to spread so far without the help of people like you. That said if i didnt keep fcking around with my atv2 etc i might not need the help

On the three points above.

I had done 1. before and the nfs share is working but i have duplicates because of a smb share, i wonder how i can delete that smb share manually in that mediasources file, what text to remove..

no 2 was a big issue for me when i got the synology nas, but that seems fine now because files are playing -- that said there are many wrong named files - a whole bunch of shows in one folder named after some weird south african show - i tried to rescan but no joy

finally - how hard is a re-jailbreak, and is it really just a jailbreak or do you need to do anything differently.

thanks again
I forgot about 2.5.

Throw away your db and remove all sources (smb/nfs) - hold menu button on the remote on them for getting the context menu and hit "delete source". Delete the DB with

rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Databases/video*.db (or move it away for keeping a backup).

Then add the sources you wanna use (nfs?) and set content on them and let it rescan. I know its a lot of work depending on the size of your media, but i can't really give any other help here cause i have no clue whats going on. Depending on the time you wanna spend on it you could even try a nightlie build or alpha build from pre frodo and see if it behaves better (but beware its called alpha because it is alpha Wink ).
rm: cannot remove `/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Databases/video*.db': No such file or directory

is what i get when i try the second part there..

i use quartz and the xbmcRemote ios app - and i went into files and found films above add video and delted that source.. taking over an hour to clean up libarary at this stage. and there doesnt seem to be a tv source anywhere?
ahh its Database instead of Databases - you shouldn't copy & paste my stuff - i write this out of my memory... Read the faq it should have the right pathes mentioned for the databases...
i tried that nd still got the error, i actually uninstalled xbmc and databases etc.. reinstalled.. everything fine apart from when it was scanning the sources.. the atv turned off and then back on.. and there is only 30% of my files showing up.. it says its still scanning but adding no more..?
I'm out - throw the thing out of the window and get something which you can handle Wink