Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Atv1 XBMC .. stop Emu updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently bought and installed XBMC ( eden ) on a ATV1 and all seems fine until last day with Emu updates. When streaming a movie the Emu update started showing up. It goes through ALL the emu that XBMC supports and thats alot of downloads. I dont know where to turn them off in settings and with the ATV remote there is not alot of options to cancel the download. It goes until it locks up the ATV. Any idea where I find a box to turn off emu since no real point of running EMU off a ATV.
Don't know what you are talking about tbh. But if you bought XBMC someone has tricked you. XBMC is open source and free!
Bought as in the ATV.. I screen pops up Files/Emus/ fbaXXX, Neogenesis, psx.. so on. It keeps updating one emu files after another.
To explain .. In the last couple days when Im watching a movie or listening to music a Box pops up with files/emu updates. It seems to go through all the emu updating each and everyone of them. The box never goes away from middle of screen and no way to close the box.
Since emulators aren't a native feature of XBMC, you'll probably need to give us a little more info on how you've set them up.
Some setup info:
Its a newly modded ATV1 and running XBMC 11 eden
It was set to scan content since Im sharing 3 drives of movies and music
I just setup and turned on Android XBMC remote through Network settings on xbmc which connected and worked fine
I installed just a couple video Addons and NOT the emulator addon Ive seen posted.
If I turn on Debug mode wont it create a txt file that I can look over and see whats running? I have had a XBOX with xbmc for many yrs and used to FTP into the xbox to view Txt.

* thought I have a folder on one of the shared drives that has games ( i think there is a emu .iso there ) could that be making it scan through the disk? * I remembered that this morning and wonder if its the cause since SCAN FOR NEW CONTENT was turned on and it was adding my movies to the data base.

How I get debug file once its created and its been crashing my atv when scanning this files/emus so a debug file wont be created will it?
so you have .iso files in your video or music sources that are being scanned into the library? The simple solution would be to move them to another folder...
Ya I gonna try that.. I worked all day so I will unshare my game folder.. Never had issue on XB since I had it so long and scanned each movie as i added them. But with this apple wand it dont give many options. Will post in few hours to see if this works.