Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Lost My Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running the latest version of XBMC on a Windows 7 computer. Last night, I went to watch a show, and there was nothing in my library...no TV, no movies, no music. The only way I could get any of them back is to remove all of my sources, and re-add them. This worked, but I lost all of my "checks" (what I already watched). Does anyone know what caused this? Is there any way to prevent it from happening again?
  • What is "latest version"? Please provide the version/build as listed on the System/System info page
  • Are your media files stored locally on your XBMC system or on a remote share (e.g., NAS, file server, another PC)?
  • Does another system in your house have write-access to the hard drive of your XBMC system?
  • Did your system crash or did you have to do a forced system shutdown recently?
  • Did you or anyone else erase the userdata (wiki) folder or its Database subfolder?
What is "latest version"? Please provide the version/build as listed on the System/System info page Version 11.0 - Eden

Are your media files stored locally on your XBMC system or on a remote share (e.g., NAS, file server, another PC)? Stored locally on a USB HDD

Does another system in your house have write-access to the hard drive of your XBMC system? No. I do use LogMeIn to do system updates and such on the system. However, I have not remoted in to the computer in a while.

Did your system crash or did you have to do a forced system shutdown recently? No. I was watching a show about 45 minutes earlier.

Did you or anyone else erase the userdata folder or its Database subfolder? No