Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Viaplay (plugin) video addon - Viaplay - Discontinued
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2013-04-27, 17:22)niknak-dk Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think this has anything to do with the other problem, but from the Viaplay app the "Settings" button don't work.
Nothing happens when I press it.

But the "Settings" button works on the computer which can play the content via XBMC.

(2013-04-27, 17:11)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-27, 15:42)niknak-dk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have tried the new version but it's the same, starts playing for a second and then it stops.

Tried too install xbmc, chrome and the app on another computer and it's working Smile
So now I just have to figure out why it does not work on the HTPC.

Any idea?

Could you post your xbmc.log file from the htpc?
You could use www.pastbin.com when posting the log-file since you cannot post the whole log here...

I have mailed it to you earlier today.
My name is Carsten Madsen

Have you tried removing the addon completely from Xbmc and also remove all data under %appdata%\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.viaplay
And then install it again?
(2013-04-27, 17:28)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-27, 17:22)niknak-dk Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think this has anything to do with the other problem, but from the Viaplay app the "Settings" button don't work.
Nothing happens when I press it.

But the "Settings" button works on the computer which can play the content via XBMC.

(2013-04-27, 17:11)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]Could you post your xbmc.log file from the htpc?
You could use www.pastbin.com when posting the log-file since you cannot post the whole log here...

I have mailed it to you earlier today.
My name is Carsten Madsen

Have you tried removing the addon completely from Xbmc and also remove all data under %appdata%\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.viaplay

Yes
Quote:Have you tried removing the addon completely from Xbmc and also remove all data under %appdata%\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.viaplay

Yes
[/quote]

If you goto Video\Video add-ons in Xbmc
and select the Viaplay addon and press C or right click you get the context menu and select Add-on settings.
It should then show you the same settings dialog that you get when selecting Settings from within the addon.
(2013-04-27, 17:53)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Have you tried removing the addon completely from Xbmc and also remove all data under %appdata%\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.viaplay

Yes

If you goto Video\Video add-ons in Xbmc
and select the Viaplay addon and press C or right click you get the context menu and select Add-on settings.
It should then show you the same settings dialog that you get when selecting Settings from within the addon.
[/quote]

yes, that's how I've done it so far.
Just think it's a little weird.

Do you have any idea what it is that makes xbmc stops the video after 1 second?
Quote:yes, that's how I've done it so far.

No I've not been able to determine what could cause that.
Once the streaming has begun it should continue, I've not been able to reproduce the problem.
But any differences you can think of between the two computers you have, the one working and the one which only streams for one second are valuable.
(2013-04-27, 19:00)MDDSD Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:yes, that's how I've done it so far.

No I've not been able to determine what could cause that.
Once the streaming has begun it should continue, I've not been able to reproduce the problem.
But any differences you can think of between the two computers you have, the one working and the one which only streams for one second are valuable.

Okay, I have to see if I can find out what is causing it.
Hi,

Tried to install this (DSPLayer XBMC) on my laptop, where it did not work with the original XBMC.

And now it works ...
(2013-04-30, 19:28)niknak-dk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Tried to install this (DSPLayer XBMC) on my laptop, where it did not work with the original XBMC.

And now it works ...

Thanks for sharing the information and I'm glad that it now works for you.
But it's really strange that you would need a special xbmc player for this to work.
have been playing around with v1.3.1 and v1.3.2 and the internal playback works very well indeed, playback starts fine after a small buffering time (the increased wait time fixed empty - URL problem), with both SD and 720p. I'm able to play pause and rewind, I can fast forward until the point which is buffered, which is nice. I haven't expericed any crashes and playback haven't failed since v1.3.2. My XBMC setup is a more or less fresh install, with no modifications to the playback part. haven't got around to test livesport yet but I will get around to it soon.
(2013-04-30, 23:54)VortexDK Wrote: [ -> ]have been playing around with v1.3.1 and v1.3.2 and the internal playback works very well indeed, playback starts fine after a small buffering time (the increased wait time fixed empty - URL problem), with both SD and 720p. I'm able to play pause and rewind, I can fast forward until the point which is buffered, which is nice. I haven't expericed any crashes and playback haven't failed since v1.3.2. My XBMC setup is a more or less fresh install, with no modifications to the playback part. haven't got around to test livesport yet but I will get around to it soon.

Thanks for helping me out.
It seems that increasing the timeout helped a lot with reducing the "empty url" problem.
But this error can still occur, I've noticed that at least some Swedish content will say that they are available for Ipad streaming but it will
still fail with empty url. This is because the Viaplay site say's that playback should be done through the Viaplay Ipad app and not the web...

There is still some functionality that's missing with the internal playback and that's subtitles.
I've not been able to figure out how the subtitles are handled, usually when dealing with the m3u8 format, subtitles should be separate.
And if they are, I've not been able to figure out how...
If anyone has any ideas about this then I'm all ears...
Live sport seams to work very nice, chosen from the live overview, playback starts quickly after a small buffer. playback shows it's encoded with h264 in 720p. everything works really smooth.

the subtitles would be very nice, since at least danish subtitles for tv-shows and dokumentaries are pretty rare, so the official subtitles from viaplay would be very welcome.
(2013-05-01, 17:00)VortexDK Wrote: [ -> ]Live sport seams to work very nice, chosen from the live overview, playback starts quickly after a small buffer. playback shows it's encoded with h264 in 720p. everything works really smooth.

the subtitles would be very nice, since at least danish subtitles for tv-shows and dokumentaries are pretty rare, so the official subtitles from viaplay would be very welcome.

Thanks for trying out the sports section, it's nice to see that it works, even though I'm not able to test this myself.
I'm still struggling with the subtitles, since I do not have an Ipad I cannot test how the Viaplay player behaves in the Ipad browser (I can do some tests by changing user agent in the browser but that can only do so much).
I suspect that you probably select subtitles once the playback has begun and that's why I'm not able to detect how it's done.
Don't know if this helps you, but....

When I play a movie on the ipad there is automatically subtitle on.
Don't think I can turn them off.

If I send the movie to xbmc with airplay subtitles disappears.
(2013-05-05, 12:57)niknak-dk Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this helps you, but....

When I play a movie on the ipad there is automatically subtitle on.
Don't think I can turn them off.

If I send the movie to xbmc with airplay subtitles disappears.

Thanks for the information.

I now have subtitles working in xbmc (it took some work), but some characters (for instance åäö are shown as xml encoded when xbmc displays subtitles)...
The subtitle format used by Viaplay is SAMI which has the extension .smi, this is supported by xbmc and should work, but local characters are still xml encoded.
Once I have this working I will release a new test-version.
Also the subtitles will vary between different languages which makes it very important to test this on different viaplay accounts(se,dk, no and fi).
Just did a little more testing of v1.3.2 :

I tried fastforwarding a live sport stream, I was able to fastforward the amount which had already been buffered, and after a couple of seconds I was presented with a green screen, I kept the fastforward enabled and after a minute or two a glitchy image of the live stream appeared for a second and the stream crashed. I could return to the menu by pressing stop.

Pausing the livesport "works" I'm able to pause the playback, and start it again. but when I pause the stream for about 3 min. the stream is closed and I'm send back the menu.

Rewinding the stream doesn't close the stream but I'm presented with glitchy green image and looks like its rewinding the same 5 -10 sec. over and over. when I press play the playback is paused and pressing play again sends me back to the current place in the sream. it doesn't stream to crash at any point.

One last thing: when I choose to watch a sport broadcast which isn't due yet, I would normally be presented with a screen telling me the time until the broadcast is shown. As it is now it just starts a live stream of the channel where the broadcast is send.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42