Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add EPG for AnySee N7 Adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm currently trying to add EPG support for the anysee N7 network-DVB-adapter. This is a little bit tricky as the adapter must be tuned to a channel before the EPG for that channel can be retrieved.

My idea was to add the EPG-Events after a channelswitch - but I don't know how I can insert the EPG data; GetEPGForChannel does not work because at the time it is being called the epg data cannot be fetched, and I cannot call PVR->TransferEpgEntry because I don't have the ADDON_HANDLE.

Any ideas how I could solve this?
hmm that's nice. I'll have a look at it
right, I spoke with the manufacturer and this is indeed the case and isn't easy to add in the current structure. I'll see if I can come up with something that's not too intrusive for Frodo so we can still get the data in.
Ahh, so I guess you are in contact with John, too? Smile

I'll wait for your reply - I think this would be a great improvement in general, so that we could maybe even hook up external EPG resources in the addons...
Yup, I agree that it would be an improvement if the PVR addon could send an EPG update to XBMC on its own after the current EPG scan loop.
With the MediaPortal TV Server I can already trigger the PVR addon when the backend received an EPG update for a specific channel.
yeah that would be nice, but is not going to make it into Frodo. at least not in the initial release. too late for a change like this now. the epg and pvr code have been decoupled for the most part, and todo's are present where support needs to be added. just too late to do it now.
I have seen that you have added a new callback for updating the EPG of a channel - for this purpose is suppose? You didn't mention it in the "PVR API Changes"-thread; did you simply forget it, or is it not "ready to use"-yet?
I have tested it with the DVBViewer PVR and works perfectly. It's a great feature to get the EPG for those channels with only now and next events Smile
Maybe adding support for own grabbed XMLTV data instead?
If i understand this works something like vtuner that share tuners over the network?
(2012-10-11, 23:07)Leatherface Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe adding support for own grabbed XMLTV data instead?
If i understand this works something like vtuner that share tuners over the network?

I thought about this, too. But it looks like it is impossible to grab XMLTV for german channels without paying for it Sad
(2012-10-11, 14:09)jdembski Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen that you have added a new callback for updating the EPG of a channel - for this purpose is suppose? You didn't mention it in the "PVR API Changes"-thread; did you simply forget it, or is it not "ready to use"-yet?

correct. and i forgot to mention it there Smile
and added
(2012-10-12, 10:55)jdembski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-11, 23:07)Leatherface Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe adding support for own grabbed XMLTV data instead?

I thought about this, too. But it looks like it is impossible to grab XMLTV for german channels without paying for it Sad
No problem for swedish channels atleast Smile
Any news regarding this topic? I use my N7 daily and I like to watch the HD channels on my XBMC station
(2012-12-11, 23:12)Satwilly Wrote: [ -> ]Any news regarding this topic? I use my N7 daily and I like to watch the HD channels on my XBMC station

I'm working on it.

This is a quick hack to get it to work: https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc-pvr-add...e/njoy_epg

However, I need some help with it. Problem is, that the when I call PVR->TriggerEpgUpdate I get an error, that the channel is invalid or that the channel doesn't have an EPG

Code:
13:44:20 T:4370075648   DEBUG: AddOnLog: Njoy N7 PVR Client: Process - Trigger EPGUpdate fpr channel '0'
13:44:20 T:4370075648   ERROR: PVR - PVRTriggerEpgUpdate - invalid channel or channel doesn't have an EPG

The channel number should be correct - but what does "or channel doesn't have an EPG" mean? Lars, can you shed some light on this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4