Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help using server as library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to setup to xbmc boxes to use the same central db for the library. I was viewing the how-to on syncing two databases but I really want to create the databases. These are brand new installs of XBMC so there is currently no library on either box.

I have a computer setup with all my media on it within my network and I stream video to each box. Therefore there is no media on either box.

Can anyone help me with this please?
Set everything up according to the wiki guide MySQL (wiki) but skip the exporting and importing steps. This will create a set up with a blank database. Then follow Adding videos to the library (wiki), but make sure to use a network source so that all XBMC devices will load the files correctly. You might also want to share your sources.xml file between installs if you want to update the library from all the XBMC devices.
(2012-10-01, 15:07)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]... but make sure to use a network source so that all XBMC devices will load the files correctly. You might also want to share your sources.xml file between installs if you want to update the library from all the XBMC devices.
This part is key, make sure you set-up your sources on the "server" as network paths too, even though they will be visible/addable as local drives.