Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music (track) live search from iPhone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hard to describe in one subject title but ideally I'd like to search my music library by typing on my iPhone. I'd like results to appear live so as I type and to include tracks. Is there an easy way to do this?

Xbmc commander allows live search but will only show albums an artists in results, not tracks, and I have a lot of compilations

Xbmc app (not the official one) shows all tracks on my iPhone but has no search within those

I tried global search but it takes long to show results, so not live

I tried library - search. Works but only brings up artists for me and basically means controlling xbmc with the iPhone, scrolling to the right option etc

Is there something I might have missed? An addon, app or web interface?
are you looking for something like this?

Yes!!!! Thanks!
Checked it out and works great, appears you are the author as well :-)

Just one question - All songs shows a list of all songs with: tracktitle, artist and year
-typing in search only brings up correspinding tracknames, not artists. E.g. when I type PEARL I will see "diamonds and pearls" by prince but no tracks by Pearl Jam at all.Since artist is also listed could it be included as well please?
-I noticed year is also displayed and can be searched, so artist is the only item displayed that wont appear in search results

many thanks again!
you are welcome! Yes, searching through all the displayed info ( tracktitle, artist and year) should be done. Added to the TODO list.
Thanks! Great avatar btw :-)