Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can i change top left xbmc logo in home screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried to find the image in the skin folder but found nothing. where is the image? how can i edit it? how can i change to my logo?

thanks.
I would like to know this as well..I restored my backup from old xbmc and now kodi startup splash screen and logo is still old xbmc Sad
That image is in the texture package for the skin. You can't edit the texture package, but here are a couple things to try:

1- In the skin directory place an image called kodi-logo.png in the media directory. I think that might force Confluence to use that image instead of the one in the texture package.

2- put an image in the media directory. Then go to the 720p folder and open Home.xml. Search for kodi-logo.png and replace that name with the name of the image you just put in the media directory.

For either of these you need to restart Kodi to see if the change worked.
I have a similar challenge. I have downloaded a 'custom build' which has changed the logo at the top left, and I'd like to revert back to the Kodi icon.

pkscout - I've followed your steps above and added the Kodi icon (kodi-logo.png) in the skin media folder, and the home.xml didn't need changing as it was already referencing that original file name (kodi-logo.png) - but the other logo is still showing after rebooting.

Any ideas?
(2015-04-18, 17:52)gshodg Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar challenge. I have downloaded a 'custom build' which has changed the logo at the top left, and I'd like to revert back to the Kodi icon.

pkscout - I've followed your steps above and added the Kodi icon (kodi-logo.png) in the skin media folder, and the home.xml didn't need changing as it was already referencing that original file name (kodi-logo.png) - but the other logo is still showing after rebooting.

Any ideas?

Try option #2 in my post above. Option #1 might not actually work.
(2015-04-20, 06:24)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-18, 17:52)gshodg Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar challenge. I have downloaded a 'custom build' which has changed the logo at the top left, and I'd like to revert back to the Kodi icon.

Any ideas?

Try option #2 in my post above. Option #1 might not actually work.

Thanks pkscout, neither worked. But what DID work was updating my skin :-)
I have not been able to figure out how to update my skin. :-(
(2015-04-21, 16:36)Cybergy Wrote: [ -> ]I have not been able to figure out how to update my skin. :-(

Which skin do you want to update?
A few months late, but confirmed #2 does work. To test I simply cut the Icon.PNG from the skin folder and pasted it into the 720 folder. Did the edit to home.XML from Kodi-Logo to Icon.png, save, boot up and there it is.

Thanks