Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Videos Naming Convention to be treated as TVShow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

After all my Movies and TVShows Library in XBMC i am now organizing my "Custom Videos", renaming and generating the .nfo and .tbn

Everything is going smooth until i found some files e want to treat as TVShow, but with no date/SxxExx in the file name...it seems even with a valid .nfo present for that "episode", if the filename don't contain a date/SxxExx pattern is not scrapped at all. of course the .nfo would contain a fake date or Season/Episode.

I was also wondering if it's possible to define the Season folders inside tvshow.nfo, instead of using Season xx as folder.

A possible example, with both situations, would be:

Code:
Family Vacations
        Australia
                Movie 1.mkv
                Movie 2.mkv
        England
        France
        Greece

Where
  • "Family Vacations" is the Show itself,
  • tvshow.nfo would point Australia, England, France and Greece to Season xx
  • Movie 1 and Movie 2 would contain a proper .nfo with metadata

Also a simpler example would be Home Sports:

Code:
RevAbs
        Season 01
                Abcentrics
                Merciless Abs
                Rev It Up

Forcing to rename "Abcentrics" to "RevAbs - S01E01 - Abcentrics" would be ugly and unnecessary in my humble opinion since there's no need to scrape anything because a valid local .nfo is already provided.

Is such thing currently possible or am i dreaming to high?
Forcing to rename "Abcentrics" to "RevAbs - S01E01 - Abcentrics" would be ugly and unnecessary in my humble opinion since there's no need to scrape anything because a valid local .nfo is already provided.

you can do ALMOST anything you want when you create your own .nfo's but you do have to follow minimal naming structures. In this case you must use sXeX in your filenames.
You dont have to do all of this though: 'RevAbs - S01E01 - Abcentrics'

s1e1 or s1e01-Abcentrics.avi along with s1e01-Abcentrics.nfo is all you need. You can add s1e01-Abcentrics.tbn if you like.

Also, season folders are not a requirement if you don't want them.
Yah i know but if i do need to do it, let's do it right Tongue I was just wondering why, if the .nfo already exists, we need to follow the structure. i understand the need for a name structure so XBMC could scrape properly but not if the .nfo exist...a proper reason must exist for that tough

Also is it possible to map "folder XPTO" to "Season 01" in tvshow.nfo?

I truly believe that would be a sweet functionality.

EDIT: is it possible to add a regex pattern to a specific folder only in advancedsettings? that way i could say that for folder XPTO *.* would return a match for example...
bump