Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Freesat EPG OTA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK a little confused on EPG OTA as i've only just upgraded to the new builds. Is freesat OTA working with genres ? Also i assume i deselect the XMLTV module in tvheadend and tick Freesat and Freeview OTA instead. Then remove the XMLTV sources from the channels i have mapped from my muxes ?

If so it really doesn't appear to be working as it should. What am i missing ?
danz0l not sure if I've already answered this elsewhere.

For Freesat EPG you need to have the relevant mux enabled (I may see about automating this to avoid confusion) and you should indeed get genres. Freesat will work with XMLTV as well, though I'd avoid doing it unless you have a good reasons, you don't need to remove the specific channel mappings though, just disable XMLTV module.

Adam
Thanks adam. Not getting any genres at all but am getting a fully populated epg. Would i thusl need the mux with the freesat epg installed and if so any idea on frequency etc ?

Thanks for your help adam and keep up the outstandingwork,
11426 H

Adam
Thanks adam. Already had that mux actually, so no idea on genre but the epg has populated well apart from that on the OTA.
Yeah no idea about that, my genre's are definitely getting populated. I do notice the occasional blank entry, but I've not had a chance to look into it.

Ah, are you talking about XBMC or TVH UI? I've just noticed that my EPG in XBMC is looking quite grey Wink Could be a problem with the pvr.hts addon (possibly the mods I've been making).

Adam
Ah yes thats exactly what i meant LOL. All my boxes are grey and all say genres others/unknown.

Your right, just checked hts itself and all the genres are there perfectly.