Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot schedule a recording ending after midnight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm using XBMC 11.0 (pvr) with Tvheadend 2.99.53.4502158 and I have to say it really rocks!
There's just one thing I can't get to work. All my recordings go OK except when I try to schedule a recording ending after midnight.
If I schedule a recording for today from 23:00 - 01:00, nothing appears in the planned recordings section of XBMC.
If I look it up in the web frontend of Tvheadend, it says "missed".

When I schedule the same recording from the web frontend, everything goes fine. So it seems to be a problem with how XBMC registers the new recording in Tvheadend.

Could you please help me with this?

Pino80
Try upgrading if you can, that version is not really supported since large parts of the code have been updated.

Adam
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yesterday I tried to update to 3.0.
When I started the installation I got an error that I have to use libc6 => 2.14, and I have 2.13 (Ubuntu 11.10).
How can I get a newer libc6? I couldn't find it in the repository for Ubuntu 11.10. Is upgrading to 12.04 the only solution for this?
I had the same issue. I assume your using the 64 bit deb. Try the 32 bit version. It runs fine on 64 bit Ubuntu 11.10 (That's what I'm using.)
I would recommend using the beta builds from my ppa. This includes builds for all current ubuntu releases.

Adam
Thanks!

I'll try to install it tonight, I'll let you know.

(BTW: I'm indeed using 64-bit)
Hello,

I've installed 3.2 beta using PPA and I've got it up and running.
But still the same problem.
When I schedule a recording (22,30 - 1.30) through the webinterface everything goes fine.
When I try the same from XBMC, nothing happens. In the webinterface I can find the scheduled recording with status 'time missed'

I'm using XBMC 11.0 Git: Unknown (Compiled : Sep 14 2012) from Pulse-Eight
Today I've tried the same scenario with Tvheadend 3.1.743~g7687dd4 and XBMC 12.0-ALPHA Git:Unknown (Compiled: Oct 8 2012). Unfortunately, still problems recording after midnight.

When I use the EPG to schedule a recording ending after midnight, it's scheduled correctly. The problem for me is that EPG only works approx. 3 days in advance so I can't always schedule a program that way. So the problem occurs only when I use the timer to schedule manually.

Do other users have the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies
Seems to be a problem with the addon and not with tvheadend. Report this to Dushmaniac. Otherwise you can create an autorecorder entry for your nightly schedules within tvheadends webinterface and let the pvrmanager do the wakeup, recording, EPG-update and shutdown jobs.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll contact Dushmaniac, thanks for the help!
i'll need a full debug log from xbmc to see what's going on

(2012-10-04, 16:07)adamsutton Wrote: [ -> ]...that version is not really supported since large parts of the code have been updated.
as long as Eden is still the current release with the tvh 2.99/3.0 add-on, that version will be supported if it's an issue with the add-on
Here's my logfile.

xbmc.log

BTW: I used XBMC 11.0 Git: Unknown (Compiled : Sep 14 2012) from Pulse-Eight and Tvheadend 3.1.743~g7687dd4
Today I tried with the newest Eden-release, build 101, still not working.

Can someone please help me with this problem?
Hello I'm back! Big Grin

I've installed XBMC Frodo (12.0 Git:ae08a23) and TVheadend (3.3.484~g9370273~precise) on my HTPC.
Well, still I got the same problem. Adding a timer works fine, the only problem is when I add a timer manually.

Here's what I do:
- select "Live TV"
- select "Timer"
- select "Add timer..."
- fill in all the necessary fields, where begin = 11pm and end = 1am
- press "OK"

After that, no timer appears in the list of upcoming recordings. When I open the TVheadend frontend, I can find the timer under "Failed recordings" .

Could it be that "1am" is understood as "1am today" in stead of "1am tomorrow" (after midnight)?

Any help will be appreciated. Maybe somebody could check if they have the same problem?
Hmm, nobody who can check it out in the newest version?
Nobody who can help me with this?

Am I posting this in the wrong place?

Just like cowfodder, I have the 64 bit version.
Pages: 1 2