Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help with XBMC just shutting down after about 48hrs - "No Response"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After about 48 hours, the XBMC program stops working and I am left looking at the desktop.

I can still see the XBMC program logo open at the bottom of the desktop screen, but when I click on it I get "No Response".

Even right-clicking on it and forcing it to shut down doesnt work - I have to start the Task Manager and force it to shut down and then restart XBMC all over again.

Any reason why XBMC wants to shut down about a day and a half to 2 days ??
Everything elso on my PC (HTPC) works normally...

(I just have the latest regualr XBMC build on my machine with a HD Audio patch build on top of it)
I also notice that when I keep my HTPC on (I never turn it off) and switch the video source to Direct TV (for example) and come back to XBMC / HTPC, often XBMC is minimized, or the HTPC screen is re-arranged.

Freaky...
For Windows, I'm assuming? Not sure what it could be off hand, but it's safe to say that is abnormal behavior. Try to get a debug log (wiki) from XBMC and see if Windows creates a crash report (Windows_FAQ#logs (wiki)).
So I finally had a chance to capture the debug log.

It can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15808

I basically just turned on XBMC and about 2 days later, it just shut off and I have no clue why...

Any help is ENORMOUSLY appreciated!!!!
The log file is huge, so I pasted the first bit here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15809

and the last bit here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15810

hopefully the beginning and the end parts of the log file can identify what is going on with my install and running of XBMC and show why it is crashing and just simply stopping...

Thanks again !!!!!
bump...!
You're getting 1000's of JSONRPC errors which won't be helping. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a memory leak of some description. So the question is, what (if anything!) are you actually using JSONRPC for?
22:12:02 T:5340 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling jsonrpc.ping
22:12:02 T:5312 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
22:12:22 T:5340 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1999 times.
You're also on a fairly old build beta of XBMC (11.0-PRE Git:20120228-4bddfbd Built on Feb 28 2012 (compiler 1600)) and IIRC there were a lot of updates to JSONRPC around that period.. have you considered installing the full final Eden build? Or one of the Frodo nightlies? To be honest, if HD Audio is important to you, I'd probably just go with the Frodo nightlies, I've been running it on a few different machines with next to no problems. Or you can just wait and install the final Frodo release as it seems to be just around the corner.
(2012-11-29, 11:47)vexation Wrote: [ -> ]You're getting 1000's of JSONRPC errors which won't be helping. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a memory leak of some description. So the question is, what (if anything!) are you actually using JSONRPC for?
22:12:02 T:5312 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
You're also on a fairly old build beta of XBMC (11.0-PRE Git:20120228-4bddfbd Built on Feb 28 2012 (compiler 1600)) and IIRC there were a lot of updates to JSONRPC around that period.. have you considered installing the full final Eden build? Or one of the Frodo nightlies?
Get Frodo latest nightly build

I had no idea that I was using an older version.
If I wanted to upgrade to a newer version of 11.0, is there an easy to do it instead of doing a full install and setting up my XBMC from scratch?
I'm not using JSONRPC for anything - I dont even know what it does. How do I turn it off or un-install it?!

Thanks so much for helping!
(2012-11-29, 20:01)Shane1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not using JSONRPC for anything - I dont even know what it does. How do I turn it off or un-install it?!

PVRManager, perhaps?

Code:

I'll get PVR Manager turned off - hopefully that will solve it...
(2012-11-29, 20:01)Shane1 Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea that I was using an older version.
If I wanted to upgrade to a newer version of 11.0, is there an easy to do it instead of doing a full install and setting up my XBMC from scratch?
I'm not using JSONRPC for anything - I dont even know what it does. How do I turn it off or un-install it?!

Thanks so much for helping!

You just install XBMC v11 over the old beta/RC version. All your settings will be kept. Pretty much the same for v12, but I would backup the userdata (wiki) folder in that case, since v12 is still in beta right now (and you can never be too careful).
I installed the latest version of XBMC for Windows from the XBMC Download page and installed it on top of the version that I had. I'll see how that goes over the next few days.

I also tried to adjust the settings in PVR Manager, but cant find PVR Manager anywhere. Any suggestions to where it isHuh
There is no PVR in official 11.0 if you downloaded that.
My previous version of XBMC (before last nights install upgrade) had PVR installed and that was what was giving me all my crashing problems. Wouldnt I expect that it would still be installed after the upgrade?

I'm just trying to figure out how to turn it off or disable it. I was getting 1000's of JSONRPC errors which was probably causing it to crash. Just trying to figure out the root of it and how to disable the JSONRPC - would it be a Add-On? A toggle somewhere? I'm not even sure of what JSONRPC does..