Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crystabuntu-NFS transfer speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed Crystalbuntu onto my ATV1 hard-drive instead of using the USB stick solution. The navigation is much quicker and smoother and the HD playback is smoother without any buffering.

My question is in regards to what transfer speed to expect from NFS? I store my video files on a 2 TB My Book Live and connect to it using the NFS protocol. Upon testing the copy speed I get a 10.3mb/s transfer speed. I also tried connecting using SMB and got a slightly slower rate at 10.1mb/s.

Is the 10.3mb/s rate what's to be expected? That seems a bit slow considering the ATV1 has a 10/100mb/s ethernet interface and the My Book Live has a Gig-E interface. Are there settings in XBMC or Crystalbuntu that can improve these speeds?

My connections from the AVT1 and My Book Live are wired over Cat 5 cable and connected to a Netgear 8-port Gig-E switch & AirPort Extreme Base Station.

Any ideas?
Thats a pretty nice max out of the ATV1 interface i guess. No clue what you want to improve here.
(2012-10-04, 10:33)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a pretty nice max out of the ATV1 interface i guess. No clue what you want to improve here.

Just wanted to get an idea of what others are getting and see if my speed is comparable.
Wasn't sure what speed to expect. If I do the math 100 megabits / 8 bits = 12.5 Mbytes.
So I guess 10.3 Mbytes is pretty good.
Thanks for the reply.
12.5 Mbytes without protocol overhead yeah.
To the OP, please don't start multiple threads for the same question.
(2012-10-04, 21:48)pumkinut Wrote: [ -> ]To the OP, please don't start multiple threads for the same question.

Sorry! New at this and wasn't sure what section it fit into best.