Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2.0.5 is up--- enjoy the new sio2 view. for fanart lovers.
(2013-03-24, 11:37)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]2.0.5 is up--- enjoy the new sio2 view. for fanart lovers.
Thank You. I love the new view.
had to upload 2.0.6 too since I messed up episodes view in 2.0.5

...woooops Wink

--edit-- THANKS! Smile
I absolutely love this skin but it doesn't appear to offer me any way to watch TV. I use the MediaPortal PVR addon but can't find any way to add shortcuts to EPG/Recordings with this skin Even my remote keys mapped to the following just give me a black screen Sad

<recordedtv>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</recordedtv>
<guide>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</guide>
<livetv>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</livetv>
(2013-03-24, 20:35)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely love this skin but it doesn't appear to offer me any way to watch TV. I use the MediaPortal PVR addon but can't find any way to add shortcuts to EPG/Recordings with this skin Even my remote keys mapped to the following just give me a black screen Sad

<recordedtv>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</recordedtv>
<guide>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</guide>
<livetv>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</livetv>

did you activate backend and liveTV icon in homescreen? (skin settings > homepagecustomizer > turn LiveTV Icon on)

Can You access liveTv from home screen Icon?

works perfectly on my testing systems... I use TvHeadEnd.
That's great to hear it should work.

It seems I have an old version of the skin (1.2.4) so I've uninstalled it on both my Pi and PC and installed the repository. However, browsing to it with Get Addons shows it empty on the Pi. On the PC XBMC crashed after it said "Repository/Addon enabled" but after restarting the repository shows as empty there as well.
(2013-03-25, 12:38)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]That's great to hear it should work.

It seems I have an old version of the skin (1.2.4) so I've uninstalled it on both my Pi and PC and installed the repository. However, browsing to it with Get Addons shows it empty on the Pi. On the PC XBMC crashed after it said "Repository/Addon enabled" but after restarting the repository shows as empty there as well.

make sure You have the latest repo (2.0.1) -notice there might be 2 repository showing since for a small timeframe I had an issue with the server and weird capitalization happened.

make sure you force refresh the 2.0.1 repo

then everything should work

I suggest if you have a little knowhow, to erase from ../addons/packages/ all the fastcolors repositories (and sio2) zip files

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages <<< on iOS

/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/packages << on OSX

i have no clue of location on other systems but shouldn't be hard to find.
(2013-03-25, 13:33)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]

make sure You have the latest repo (2.0.1) -notice there might be 2 repository showing since for a small timeframe I had an issue with the server and weird capitalization happened.

I suggest if you have a little knowhow, to erase from ../addons/packages/ all the fastcolors repositories (and sio2) zip files

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages <<< on iOS

/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/packages << on OSX

i have no clue of location on other systems but shouldn't be hard to find.

Ah, on the Pi OpenElec I had the 2.0.1 repo package and one without a number but the same filesize, so I deleted both. I also had repository.fast and repository.fastcolours in addons so delete those as well. The path is /storage/.xbmc/addons/packages.

On the PC it's C:\users\x\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\package. There I had the 2.0.1 repo and a 1.0.8 one and the two repositories in addons as above, so deleted all of those.

I then installed the repo from the zip again on the PC and after force refreshing the files showed up and I was able to install the skin. The LiveTV button appeared by default so that's cool. The only suggestion I'd make is that there's a lot of wasted space on the Timeline EPG for the image placeholder, so think it would be better if you started the EPG at the top of the screen and just used a few lines at the bottom for the currently selected programme description, which having the whole width of the screen to use will then need less vertical space.

I then did the same process on OpenElec on the Pi. It took a very long while to auto-refresh for some reason and I could see the USB sticks light flashing and XBMC said working but eventually it unlocked. It locked up again when I drilled down into skin but I got there eventually and the LiveTV button shows and works on there too. It uses about the same CPU at idle as Confluence which is nice, around 35-60% (CPU-XBMC 45%). I tried xtv-SAF and that pegged it at 99% at idle on Home. With Confluence on the Pi, I had to disable Show recently added to get the CPU down but SiO2 doesn't appear to have these options or need them disabling and xtv-SAF doesn't appear to offer them either, so maybe they're forced enabled there, which might explain the high CPU.

Anyway, very happy I can use SiO2 with TV now Smile
(2013-03-25, 13:33)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]

I just wanted to confirm doveman2 observation. Lately (probably since v 2.0) i have constant problems with repo. I tried all that above few times(!), deleted repo, skin, packages, installed again, force refresh and all that magic. Most of the time repo is competely empty, after full reinstall sometimes skin appears, but unable to download updates, it just hanging in "availible updates" section. In most cases after reboot xbmc repo is empty again. http navigation thru http://fastcolors.net/repository/ also sometimes painfully slow. So i wonder if this is just timeouts. But i have the same situation in two different places both with good connection on two different systems.
Dear,

Love the skin very much, but after the update it slowed my pi very down.
I noticed that when I change the layout to list instead of big list its way faster.
The only thing is I have to set it every menu again. Is tthere a way to set the addons layout to list always?

Thx
(2013-03-25, 17:39)relyter Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to confirm doveman2 observation. Lately (probably since v 2.0) i have constant problems with repo. I tried all that above few times(!), deleted repo, skin, packages, installed again, force refresh and all that magic. Most of the time repo is competely empty, after full reinstall sometimes skin appears, but unable to download updates, it just hanging in "availible updates" section. In most cases after reboot xbmc repo is empty again. http navigation thru http://fastcolors.net/repository/ also sometimes painfully slow. So i wonder if this is just timeouts. But i have the same situation in two different places both with good connection on two different systems.

I think it's the new server, I had few issues with all others, but in the first days after an update a large amount of GBs is pulled and I don't have enough power to serve everyone smoothly. I believe that's the problem..

will try to solve it, sorry about the bumpyness!!

(2013-03-26, 06:24)blazinramirez Wrote: [ -> ]Dear,

Love the skin very much, but after the update it slowed my pi very down.
I noticed that when I change the layout to list instead of big list its way faster.
The only thing is I have to set it every menu again. Is tthere a way to set the addons layout to list always?

Thx

I believe default view is still list.. and some addons set the view themselves so there's little that can be automatically done. But I'll go through the changes in big list to see if I can revert it back to not-so-resourceconsuming. I believe anyway I didn't do that many, so it's weird, I mean I was expecting maybe the new view to be slow on smaller systems, but I didn't change big list that much. Will investigate the issue, Sorry for the glitch.

Thanks everyone for the support.
Thanks for the reply,
There anything I can do to temporarily fix this problem? Have more than 150 addons and have been bussy the whole day. Thanks again
Hi,

Thanks for the latest update - top work - my views are all working as expected (love the new view - looks schmick). I have however found to more bugs which i think are related to your skins,

1) In the favourites top shelf when if i have more them 5 items in my favourites (which i do) if i scroll across to the 5th item it jumps back to teh 1st item and then continues to move the shelf across however i can never select anything past the 1st item - let me know if you want me to explain - in more detail.

2) I have a fair few 1080p movies which i have been able to watch fine on other skins (well Quartz is really the only other one i have used) however when i try to watch 1080p movies in this skin it seems to crash xvmc - not sure why.

Do you have any ideas on either of these issues.

Cheers
jd
(2013-03-26, 16:00)jd_11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the latest update - top work - my views are all working as expected (love the new view - looks schmick). I have however found to more bugs which i think are related to your skins,

1) In the favourites top shelf when if i have more them 5 items in my favourites (which i do) if i scroll across to the 5th item it jumps back to teh 1st item and then continues to move the shelf across however i can never select anything past the 1st item - let me know if you want me to explain - in more detail.

2) I have a fair few 1080p movies which i have been able to watch fine on other skins (well Quartz is really the only other one i have used) however when i try to watch 1080p movies in this skin it seems to crash xvmc - not sure why.

Do you have any ideas on either of these issues.

Cheers
jd

First Issue I already fixed, I Added sliding to fifth for other shelf stuff forgot to change it for that one.. woops..

as for 2nd issue I'm clueless since the movie fullscreen shouldn't have anything to do with the skin... but i could be wrong.

any way you post a log of the crash?

I'm about to try to step to a major Outbranch of sio2, and working on 2 codes @ once is melting my brain.

will up 2.0.7 soon with favourites fixed.. sorry.
(2013-03-26, 14:31)blazinramirez Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply,
There anything I can do to temporarily fix this problem? Have more than 150 addons and have been bussy the whole day. Thanks again

honestly the only thing I can suggest is revert to 2.0.5 (and check if big list is not slow since I'm very curious)

do most of the addons contain episodes?

I'm curious because the only two changes I made in Big List are the left panel Icon (now a variable) & added an animation when showing episodes content.

hope this gets sorted out!!! Wink