Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a question?
I have 2 rows on my home screen and find it annoying when I go to the bottom row that the entire screen shifts.

How can I disable scrolling on the home screen?

pd2903

Found the solution by editing the file home.xml.
Hi pd2903,

I would like to do the same, could you tell me what you changed to make the upper shelf disappear?
(2015-02-25, 14:34)pd2903 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a question?
I have 2 rows on my home screen and find it annoying when I go to the bottom row that the entire screen shifts.

How can I disable scrolling on the home screen?

pd2903

Found the solution by editing the file home.xml.

(2015-03-04, 15:25)Valen42 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pd2903,

I would like to do the same, could you tell me what you changed to make the upper shelf disappear?

please @pd2903 could you help me out posting your solution for everyone to enjoy.

I'll try and add an option for that later on.

cheers
Hey Fast,
How is it going with the progress of this skin? Could you add:
* Programs to addon popup (on home screen)
* OpenElec settings to settings

Fix:
Some settings of add ons still have problems where there is a big black space where you have to scroll (Like youtube)

PVR:
I now now know why you did;t understand the problem i mentioned earlier. I don't have it on OSX.
That blue bordered box around the channel i don't see on OpenElec. (I also miss the refresh button on movie informatie page in openelec).
Any idea if there is something wrong with my setup or that it's a bug in the skin? (I haven't changed any files)

(2015-03-12, 01:10)rridder Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Fast,
How is it going with the progress of this skin? Could you add:
* Programs to addon popup (on home screen)
* OpenElec settings to settings

Fix:
Some settings of add ons still have problems where there is a big black space where you have to scroll (Like youtube)

PVR:
I now now know why you did;t understand the problem i mentioned earlier. I don't have it on OSX.
That blue bordered box around the channel i don't see on OpenElec. (I also miss the refresh button on movie informatie page in openelec).
Any idea if there is something wrong with my setup or that it's a bug in the skin? (I haven't changed any files)

ok now i get it, it's most likely an upper lower case issue if it happens on linux.

and the settings i will fix.

then i guess we're off to a pull in the repo for an update.

cheers,
BTW i'll need a minute.

Wink
Great, looking forward for the release, if you want i can send some icons to you so you can add them for everyone.
Last thing i haven't mentioned, also only on openelec. On the movie information view the refresh button is hidden but you can click on.
I'm using this skin on an AppleTV 2 with a bluetooth remote. I've found that if I'm playing back a video, the power button is replaced with a full screen button. I can hold Menu on the Apple remote to get the quit menu to show up, but it doesn't work if I hold down Menu on the bluetooth keyboard.

Is there a reason the power button has to be replaced with full screen? Can't it be static and the full screen button added? Or is there some easy way to quit Kodi that I'm not seeing?
(2015-03-18, 01:25)bickitybam Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using this skin on an AppleTV 2 with a bluetooth remote. I've found that if I'm playing back a video, the power button is replaced with a full screen button. I can hold Menu on the Apple remote to get the quit menu to show up, but it doesn't work if I hold down Menu on the bluetooth keyboard.

Is there a reason the power button has to be replaced with full screen? Can't it be static and the full screen button added? Or is there some easy way to quit Kodi that I'm not seeing?

Bickity, the quit button is replace by the fullscreen button when you are playing media. If you stop playing the fullscreen button will change to the quit button again.
(2015-03-18, 13:33)rridder Wrote: [ -> ]Bickity, the quit button is replace by the fullscreen button when you are playing media. If you stop playing the fullscreen button will change to the quit button again.

Thanks for your response. Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to stop the media on the AppleTV, only pause it (which doesn't make the power button reappear). My point being if the idea of the skin is to make the Kodi interface more like the AppleTV, it shouldn't make it more difficult to use (in this case, quit) when running ON an AppleTV.

Why does the power button have to disappear at all? What the disadvantage to keeping it there and just adding a fullscreen button when there is media playing/paused?
(2015-03-18, 15:27)bickitybam Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your response. Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to stop the media on the AppleTV, only pause it (which doesn't make the power button reappear). My point being if the idea of the skin is to make the Kodi interface more like the AppleTV, it shouldn't make it more difficult to use (in this case, quit) when running ON an AppleTV.

Why does the power button have to disappear at all? What the disadvantage to keeping it there and just adding a fullscreen button when there is media playing/paused?

I believe If you press "menu" it should stop the movie.

PS: same as the AppleTv media themselves.
(2015-03-20, 15:16)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]I believe If you press "menu" it should stop the movie.

No luck. Just tried it with a streaming video. No matter how many times I hit menu, the video kept playing. I was able to pause it, but menu still had no effect after pausing either. Maybe if I could long-press menu, I might be able to stop it that way, but that doesn't appear to be supported on bluetooth keyboards.
@rridder

please test ATV3 branch for PVR fixes.

If all is good I'll Pull into master and request an update for official repo.

Thanks everyone!
(2015-03-22, 01:40)bickitybam Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-20, 15:16)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]I believe If you press "menu" it should stop the movie.

No luck. Just tried it with a streaming video. No matter how many times I hit menu, the video kept playing. I was able to pause it, but menu still had no effect after pausing either. Maybe if I could long-press menu, I might be able to stop it that way, but that doesn't appear to be supported on bluetooth keyboards.

I will see what I can do, but it seems like it's not worth to continue development for Kodi on ATV, since it won't be supported anymore after 14.2

http://kodi.tv/farewell-to-future-appletv2-development/

my advice (as a former ATV2 owner) is... look around You can get a way better box for very very cheap (I actually own a couple of Cubox-i) and with Sio2 you won't miss the Apple look and feel... You will only miss Your "rentals" in case You use them.. but You can always combine the two boxes and end up with a fail proof setup.

cheers.
Thanks very much. I did not know that about AppleTV2 support for Kodi ending with 14.1, but I suppose it makes sense. I agree the AppleTV2 is getting less and less appealing, what with no more updates from Apple and the lack of jailbreaking support for the final released iOS version supported. I appreciate anything you can do.

Thanks again.
I have an alternate set of images that I would like to use to display the weather on the home page. Everything I've tried thus far hasn't worked. Any tips?