Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Question on XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Sorry for the loose title, but this is a tricky question to sum up:

I have a mac and a windows laptop. The windows laptop is folded up and plugged into my TV, I use it (barely) with a wireless mouse to play movies and music. I was wondering whether it would be possible to load XBMC onto the laptop, and remotely control it with xbmc on my mac?

Thanks Smile
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Network

See: Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
Enables the Web Interface to control XBMC

Or you could just get a remote, or use other device.
Hey Joe,

Thanks for your reply, I've ticked all the relavent boxes under network, but when I open the web ui on my mac, only the remote will show up. Is it possible to use xbmc on my mac to control xbmc on my windows laptop?

EDIT: I updated to the latest version (nightly) airplay shows in itunes but no sound comes out form my speakers? Also the video from my xbmc library plays at about 1 fps :S Any ideas?
Okay never mind! I think I'm starting to get the hang of XBMC now!

If only I could get it to work when my laptop is plugged in by hdmi... I dont see why it makes a difference :S every other program including games work prfectly, but this wont play video when I'm using hdmi....?
That's not normal. Obtain a debug log (wiki) of when you try to get XBMC to work with the HDMI output.
Hello, thank you for the reply! Good to know I might get this sorted! When I just made the log, videos would start at 25 fps then very quickly fall to 4fps where they would remain. For the log file I tried one SD and one HD video. Both give the same results:

http://pastebin.com/RUD847aC

I hope that helps!

Max

Hey guys,

Just a quick little bump to see if anyone has any ideas? I can play content seamlessly using addons such as 1channel but as soon as I try to play local content including content streamed from usenet pneumatic, the stream hits 4fps and stays there!

This means no local content will play at all.. Sad

I'm willing to try anything Smile
Sorry for the slow response, but whatever is causing it is more technical than I understand (as in, I don't see anything obvious in your debug log, but I'm also not on the same level as our programmers).

However, it is very interesting that you say that streaming content is playing fine, but not local content. Is this true even for SD local content (anything below 720)?
Yes, all local content is really slow - at 4fps

The only thing I can think of is that the codec or renderer for local content is different to streamed content? Maybe there is an error in it?

So just to be really clear, all videos, SD and HD that are locally hosted will only play at 4fps when outputting through hdmi. However this locally hosted content will play absolutely fine when not outputting through hdmi.

Update: Given that the thread subject has vastly changed from the origional topic, and the title is loose, I have started a new thread HERE, please do not post in this thread. The original post's question has been satisfied.

Max