Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sqlite browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
i am on the 08/07 version. for some reason, i can't edit the myvideos31.db database anymore ! i am using version 1.2.1 of the sqlitedatabase browser.

any ideas?

hhol
i am having the same problem. sometimes i have to change the title of a movie if there is a problem. usually happens with foreign films using special characters. it didn't used to be a problem, but with the latest build it has been. anything i am missing?
nobodyHuh
i am guessing something changed in the way myvideo31.db is created. encryption maybe?
there's no encryption. i can open and edit myvideos31.db with sqlite3explorer v1.1 and sqlite3explorer v3.1.2. sorry, i really have no idea when or where i got either of them but they both need the sqlite3.dll and i'm using version 3.1.2 of the dll.

also, how info from imdb is stored has been changed recently. dont be suprised if you find the "movieinfo" table mostly empty. the title is still kept in the database, while the majority of the text fields from imdb are now stored in an xml file name matching the imdb tt number. (i think the file is located in albums/imdb.)
really? i didn't realise that. are the names stored in there as well? if that's the case, it makes it very easy indeed.

[edit] just tried it and it works by just editing the xml. that's an awesome feature. thanks! [/edit]

[edit2] unfortunately it won't change the title under title view, just the stuff on the info screen. i will check out the software you suggested.[/edit2]
i found version 1.7 of sqlite3explorer and it still can't open the database. comes up with the error 'malformed database schema'. any ideas?
you need to change the title in the database to change the display in title view. the information in the xml file is only displayed on the info screen.

edit... ok... something is definately wrong... i was able to view and edit my database so i renamed it and created a new one. the new one i cannot view or edit. the database is definatley not encrypted. i'm able to view all the text with a simple unix "strings" command.

found it...

when i commented out line line 237, in in database.cpp, bool cdatabase::createtables(), everything was ok.

looking at the sqlite documentation, i think all pragma statement need a semicolon at the end. i added a semicolon to the end of this statement and successfully created a new database which i'm able to edit on my pc. i'm going to do a little more research before i commit this.
excellent stuff, i don't understand anything you just said, but it sounds like you are making progress Smile

thanks for looking into this for me (well, us!Wink
sorry about this, but i take it back... adding the semi-colon did nothing. i thought i had copied over the new xbe, but didn't. it still creates a db which is unreadable on the pc Sad

commenting out the line entirely uses the default page_size of 1k which all of the pc tools i've downloaded can read without an issue.

the comments in the code say the 16k page size is for optimal performance since it matches the cluster size of the fatx partitions.
is it actually necessary for it to have a 16k page size?

or, put another way, does using a 16k page size provide any noticable improvement?

i never noticed any speed issues with it before or anything like that, but if it's a trade off between being a few seconds slower, or not being able to edit it, i'd rather be able to edit it.

if i am completely getting the wrong end of the stick, then please correct me.
sorry, couldn't access my box from work !
anyways, i tried editing xml , yes ,that works for the info screen only - does not change the title.
i agree with tomkun, i don't mind if it is slow, as long as i can edit.
as an alternative, i submitted my missing movie in imdb database , will see how long it takes for them to update their database.
thanks kraqh3d for looking into this.
i'm having a similar problem opening myvideos31.db in variousn sql browsers, but i think it's the sqlite3.dll . i cant seem to be able to register it. this is the error i get:

"c:\windows\system32\sqlite3.dll was loaded, but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found. the file can not be registered."

i'm sorry but i'm not very familiar with dll's.

anyone got any ideas?
sorry, no idea. try googling about the dll registering thing. i remember reading something about it last night when i was searching for software. sorry, i can't remember where exactly...
hi there,

just blame me that you can't open your xbmc databases with the sqlite browser. Smile to get better write performance with sqlite and xbmc i changed a constant within the sqlite database sources to be able to set the page size to 16k. this breaks existing apps with every xbmc database except xbmc. :p

i'll try to find a way that the xbmc databases are compatible again with the sqlite browser and have better write performance.

greets

bobbin007
Pages: 1 2