Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Straight to files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has "Videos go straight to files" been removed from the latest confluence skin or am i being blind?

I don't use library view, have always used videos and without this option, it's infuriating!
Do you have the following option enabled?

System/Settings > Skin > Home window options > "Videos" button always goes to video "Files"
That option doesn't exist in OpenElec... i am struggling to find out why!
(2013-01-15, 19:44)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]That option doesn't exist in OpenElec... i am struggling to find out why!

Which XBMC version? If it's Frodo, then that option is gone (for everyone, not just OpenELEC).
(2013-01-15, 21:01)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-15, 19:44)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]That option doesn't exist in OpenElec... i am struggling to find out why!

Which XBMC version? If it's Frodo, then that option is gone (for everyone, not just OpenELEC).

I got hold of the old version of the Confluence skin and it put the option back.. Looks like ALL of the "Skin" options are missing in the new version of the skin that comes as default.
(2013-01-16, 15:15)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like ALL of the "Skin" options are missing in the new version of the skin that comes as default.

They're just in a different location now. System/Settings > Appearance > Skin. Look on the right column, second item down (just below the option to choose your skin), labeled "- Settings".
(2013-01-16, 20:44)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-16, 15:15)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like ALL of the "Skin" options are missing in the new version of the skin that comes as default.

They're just in a different location now. System/Settings > Appearance > Skin. Look on the right column, second item down (just below the option to choose your skin), labeled "- Settings".

Do you know,..... i stared at this screen.. Endlessly as someone else said it was there and i could not see it.. Thanks Smile

Any ideas on the thinking behind removing the Straight to files option? Really irritating!
(2013-01-16, 22:19)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on the thinking behind removing the Straight to files option? Really irritating!

No idea. But if you really need this option available as a main menu button, see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151612

Cheers, i hadn't seen that but i did read something else that lead me to home.xml for another reason.. I saw in there that the code is still in place to check if the option is enabled.. so i just changed both the true and false options to go straight to video.

thanks again
Yes, modifying the skin is always an option... for those willing and able to do so and who assume responsibility for their own modifications. Smile
(2013-01-18, 15:17)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers, i hadn't seen that but i did read something else that lead me to home.xml for another reason.. I saw in there that the code is still in place to check if the option is enabled.. so i just changed both the true and false options to go straight to video.

Could you point me to which line numbers (in Notepad++) you modified to enable this?

This is what i changed, I don't have Notepad++ sorry.

Code:
<item id="2">
                        <label>3</label>
                        <onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos,files)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),[b]False[/b])">ActivateWindow(Videos,root)</onclick>
                        <icon>-</icon>
                        <thumb>-</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton)</visible>
                    </item>

to this

Code:
<item id="2">
                        <label>3</label>
                        <onclick condition="StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos,files)</onclick>
                        <onclick condition="!StringCompare(Window.Property(VideosDirectLink),True)">ActivateWindow(Videos,files)</onclick>
                        <icon>-</icon>
                        <thumb>-</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoVideosButton)</visible>
                    </item>

I've had to guess what the original one was, but if you search for <label>3</label> and change it to what mine says, it should work fine.
I am using Confluence/Frodo RC3 at the moment and also had to do this manually like above because the option is missing.

Also I hide the TV Shows option in the skin options, and then edit the sub menu file to remove items TV Shows and Library under Videos. I find this just keeps things simpler for my networked HTPC, I only want the show artwork, and general info about the show - not the show names etc.

My files are named correctly, most are even organised perfectly for the scrapers. But the small discrepancies in my perfectly fine collection annoy me too much, when a show only has 1 episode in TV Shows view, for example. Would be far too much work to fix it all, when I can just navigate it as a file system perfectly fine. Its a shame the system is so geared toward the scrapers.
(2013-01-24, 13:31)thatstevensguy Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Confluence/Frodo RC3 at the moment and also had to do this manually like above because the option is missing.

Also I hide the TV Shows option in the skin options, and then edit the sub menu file to remove items TV Shows and Library under Videos. I find this just keeps things simpler for my networked HTPC, I only want the show artwork, and general info about the show - not the show names etc.

My files are named correctly, most are even organised perfectly for the scrapers. But the small discrepancies in my perfectly fine collection annoy me too much, when a show only has 1 episode in TV Shows view, for example. Would be far too much work to fix it all, when I can just navigate it as a file system perfectly fine. Its a shame the system is so geared toward the scrapers.

I think we are both using it the same, I hate the Library mode because i don't want my movies showing up in 15 different genres.. So i use file mode and change the the "fan art" view.. All my genre folders have folder.jpg and fanart.jpg sat in them so it pretty much looks like the library mode, but i have control over my genre's by putting the files in them however i like.. eg

Action
Movie 1 Title [2012 BluRay].mkv
Adventure
Movie 2 Title [2012 BluRay].mkv

works really well for how i like it.

(2013-01-24, 15:32)danmedhurst Wrote: [ -> ]I hate the Library mode because i don't want my movies showing up in 15 different genres..

And this is one of the reasons I love Library mode, because most movies can't be pigeon-holed into a single genre. It doesn't matter to me if a movie shows up in multiple genres, because I'll only look in certain genres for movies; the rest, I ignore. My wife may want to watch a given movie because it's listed under Romance and I may want to watch the same movie because I found it under Comedy. Or I may decide that, since it's listed under both Romance and Comedy, it may be a "chick flick" and not something I would want to watch after all. Smile

Pages: 1 2