Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tv Show Psych not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate sp1
Architecture: x64
Ram: 6gb
Video Card: Nvidia gtx 260 v285.62
Sound Card: DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1/16 bit Sound Card with Dolby Digital Live XS71DDL Driver v.3.0
TV: Samsung LN52A650 52-Inch LCD
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver
XBMC Version: 11.0

Video Card Driver:
Version:
295.73 WHQL
Release Date:
Operating System:
Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit
Language:
English (U.S.)
File Size:
157 MB

======

I am having difficulties getting a TV show to show up in my library. The show is Psych. I have tried the following formats.
  • Psych
  • Psych (2006)

All of the episodes use the following format: Psych S01E01.avi

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!
How do you have your folder(s) and files named and organized for this show? I just did a test by creating a folder for "Psych" and three episode files in my TV shows folder:
Code:
TV Shows (main folder for all TV shows)
   Psych (show folder)
     Psych S01E01.avi
     Psych S02E03.avi
     Psych S04E05.avi
I selected "Scan for new content" on my "TV Shows" folder and it picked up the show "Psych" and all 3 episodes.
(2012-10-08, 19:50)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]How do you have your folder(s) and files named and organized for this show? I just did a test by creating a folder for "Psych" and three episode files in my TV shows folder:
Code:
TV Shows (main folder for all TV shows)
   Psych (show folder)
     Psych S01E01.avi
     Psych S02E03.avi
     Psych S04E05.avi
I selected "Scan for new content" on my "TV Shows" folder and it picked up the show "Psych" and all 3 episodes.

That is so weird. My folder structure was the exactly same tv shows -> Psych -> episodes and nothing was being found. I move all the files out, did a clean database, moved them back in and now it was found. I am not sure what I was doing wrong.

Thank you artrafael for your assistance!
If your shows stop showing up again this helped me:

Code:
icacls "D:\Media\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:F

in place of D:\Media\ put the folder where your shows are

F for Full
R for Read Only

I opened notepad.exe type that in save as FullPriv.bat not FullPriv.bat.txt and run it
Cool. That you for sharing that. I will try it out.