Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Teletext Subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2016-08-31, 04:52)GoodEyeDeer999 Wrote: [ -> ]Just started to use v16.1. Seems teletext subtitle is still out of sync but only by a very short period, much better than before. Only problem is (as always) when in subtitle mode, the channel info and buttons all stay on the screen.

That is a skin related bug. It can be fixed by modifying VideoOSD.xml

Add
Code:
<onclick>Dialog.Close(VideoOSD)</onclick>

Above line
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Teletext)</onclick>
(2016-08-31, 14:34)maxtherabbit Wrote: [ -> ]That is a skin related bug. It can be fixed by modifying VideoOSD.xml

Tried the fix but the result is like what is described in post #172.
(2016-08-31, 15:39)GoodEyeDeer999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-31, 14:34)maxtherabbit Wrote: [ -> ]That is a skin related bug. It can be fixed by modifying VideoOSD.xml

Tried the fix but the result is like what is described in post #172.

I think the black background is a Windows related bug. It happens to me on Windows 10 with both Jarvis and Krypton even if I disable DXVA acceleration. However on Android and Rasberry Pi teletext subtitles show without the black background.
Kodi has certainly improved with regards to live tv during the last years, hopefully there can be some work done on proper teletext subs support to make it waf approved soon Smile
I would also love for this feature to be added. I've tried VLC and ProgDVB together with FFDshow codecs and the subtitles work in both of these applications. But the one I really want to use (kodi) doesn't have support for itSad
I vote for teletext subtitles in KODI openelec.
Rofl
I have a useful tool which will extract teletext subtitles from .ts files and save them as an .srt.
You can then select them with the "subs" button of your kodi remote (or "next" in the subtitle menu).

Just download the application file from HERE and run it.
(Remember to pin it to the taskbar while it's running for future use)

It should look like this

When extracting you should see this

The tool only works on Windows I'm afraid.
Thanks go to pirayen for the core srt extraction code.

Usage should be self-explanatory, but I am here to help if needed.
This only works for recordings and not LiveTV.
(2017-01-09, 23:51)Leatherface Wrote: [ -> ]This only works for recordings and not LiveTV.
Yes, quite obviously as I did say ".ts files" in my post.

I realise that there is a need for OTF decoding of ttx subs from live streams, I just don't happen to have that solution.
(2017-01-10, 17:53)Clumpton Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-09, 23:51)Leatherface Wrote: [ -> ]This only works for recordings and not LiveTV.
Yes, quite obviously as I did say ".ts files" in my post.

I realise that there is a need for OTF decoding of ttx subs from live streams, I just don't happen to have that solution.

Not sure if it works for dvbsubs, but I know it does for closed captions, but ccextractor can pull the data out into set files. It can also operate on live streams. (I believe it is a fork of ccextractor that MythTV uses for its closed caption support.)
Is there any chance that Teletext subtitles ever will be supported?
Over 4 years since i started this thread and still waiting...
(2017-02-06, 22:19)Leatherface Wrote: [ -> ]Over 4 years since i started this thread and still waiting...

Many wants it but maybe not many who can do it? And if they are not interested or don't have the time we can only continue to hope.
Created an account just to add myself to the pool of those waiting...

Whats so special with the TvHeadend client that makes teletext subtitles work perfectly in kodi? AFAIK, it doesn't do any kind of transcoding for them to work. or...?
yes it does on the server side
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14